What do you do when you want a creamy, luscious dip that’s deliciously dairy-free? Avocados, baby! Pair them with white beans and it’s a match made in dipping heaven. This creamy white bean dip is whipped with garlic, avocado spinach, jalapeno and cilantro for a speedy snack that’s full of flavor. Oh, and you know it’s healthy because it’s GREEN!
It’s also naturally vegan, gloriously gluten-free, and sure to be a hit at any party since even your pickiest of guests can eat it! Unless they’re paleo, of course. In that case just toss some bacon at them and call it a day!
On to ze recipe!
Healthy White Bean Dip with Avocado and Cilantro
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/2 a large, ripe avocado
- 1/3-1/2 jalapeno, seeds/veins removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 2-3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro, plus extra to taste
- 2 TBSP olive oil, plus extra to garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dippers: sliced cucumber, tortilla chips, pita chips, any veggie ever, any carb ever, + your fingers
- Have 5 minutes handy? Good! You can make this dip!
- Drain and rinse your beans and combine in a food processor [or blender!] with all of the above ingredients.
- Whip until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve a room temperature with your favorite dippers and a drizzle of olive oil!
Scared of spice? Feel free to use bell pepper in place of the jalapeno. Need the heat? Add as much jalapeno as your heart desires! Dips by nature are incredibly flexible so feel free to add more garlic, lime, salt… basically anything you feel like kicking up a notch. I’d suggest making it as written, test it out with a few tortilla chip or cuke slices, and then add anything else you’re craving more of. The above measurements made my taste buds ridiculously happy and I love how freakishly fast this dip comes together.
so… how was it?! Flipping amazing! This is the kind of dip you wind up going back for “just one more bite” so many times that you finally cave and hover over the bowl like it’s your sole duty to protect it from double dippers.
Oh… you double dipped, didn’t you? For shame!
If you’re feeling extra spring-y, add this tasty tortellini salad to this week’s menu too!