Sweet Potato Nachos
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- a few ounces of grated cheese [cheddar, gouda, pepperjack, mex blend, etc...]
- a spoonful or two of your favorite healthy oil [spray or regular]
- chili powder, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- a sprinkle or two of cayenne pepper [or paprika!]
- and all your favorite nacho toppings!
- To take the savory-sweet combo a step further, grab some ground cinnamon and sprinkle that over the sweet potatoes too! I tried this the other day and practically swooned into my plate; SO GOOD!
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next grab your sweet potatoes and scrub them clean!
- Remove the skin with a veggie peeler and slice into discs with a sharp knife or mandolin.
- Drizzle, rub, or spray the slices with your favorite healthy oil [I love using EVOO and/or coconut oil] and arrange in a single layer [though some overlapping is a-ok!] on a baking sheet or pan.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Top with your choice of veggies, beans, and cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is hot and bubbly!
- Lastly, layer on cold toppings such as greek yogurt or sour cream, guacamole, salsa, green onion, and anything else you might be jonesin' for. Then simply introduce them to your face! You're welcome.
shredded romaine lettuce, spinach, spring mix
yellow corn or mexi-corn with peppers
and so. much. more.
No excuses; make them!
so… how were they? Sweet, savory, and will forever be in recipe rotation in my kitchen. I think it’s my goal in life to get everyone hooked on savory sweet potatoes in some shape or form. Ok one of my goals, that is. Somewhere between learning how to sew and world domination… Though I may just be watching too much Pinky and the Brain again =)
What’s your favorite way to eat a sweet potato?