These Quick Pickled Sweet Mini Peppers are fast and delicious! Skip the store and make your own zesty pickled peppers at home with this easy peasy recipe.
I’m notorious for buying massive amounts of sweet mini peppers this time of year.
These vibrant veggies are excellent in a bevy of different dishes from appetizers to salads.
I typically slice the raw peppers to use in my Italian Confetti Pasta Salad (great for parries or potlucks!) or halve them to use as an awesome little handheld appetizer. I’ve been making my Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers and Healthy Hummus Stuffed Peppers for ages now.
This time around, after buying WAY too many (surprise surprise) I decided to pickle a bunch of the peppers.
The result were clearly blog-worthy and SO SO delicious!
You’ll only need 3 ingredients to make these pretty pickled peppers. 5 if you count water and salt. They’re easy to toss together and anytime you have mini peppers that are starting to get a bit wrinkly you can pickle them and completely revive them into something new and delicious.
- sweet mini peppers
- fresh garlic
- white vinegar
- sea salt
Want spicy mini peppers? Feel free to add a sliced jalapeño or two to the jar or you can use crushed red pepper flakes to kick up the heat.
If you’d like to cut the tartness from the vinegar, feel free to add a spoonful of sugar or honey to your vinegar mixture. I’ll do this to cut the heat from some of my spicier pickled pepper recipes but skip the sweet stuff for these pickled mini peppers.
WHAT TYPE OF VINEGAR SHOULD I USE?
Most pickled onion recipes use plain white distilled vinegar. There are plenty varieties you can play around with though for a slightly different flavor profile.
I love mixing things up by using white wine vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar. All are great options and you can mix and match too for a totally custom jar of pickled mini peppers.
How to Fridge Pickle Peppers
- Slice mini peppers and discard the stems.
- Add pepper slices to a 24 oz mason jar along with fresh minced garlic.
- Heat vinegar, water, and salt in a saucepan until it just starts to boil then pour over peppers.
- Allow peppers to marinate for 30 minutes and enjoy!
For only 10 minutes or so of effort you’ll have the most delicious topping for all your tasty eats.
Once the peppers are fully cooled, secure the mason jar’s lid and transfer to the fridge. These will keep for a few weeks and have the most delicious tart and garlicky flavor.
You can use a wide-mouth mason jar or a traditional mason jar for these peppers. The wide-mouth jars are a little easier to fill so I like use them for pickled peppers and salad-in-a-jar recipes.
Pickled Pepper Serving Suggestions
So what exactly can you add these pickled peppers to? The options are endless! Here are a few of my favorite pairings:
- burrito bowls
- pasta salad
- taco bowls
- grain bowls
- hot dogs + veggie dogs
- veggie burgers
You can also add them on top of pizza, avocado toast, enchiladas, casseroles, and more!
Quick Pickled Sweet Mini Peppers
Ready to get your pickled pepper on? Here’s the easy peasy recipe:
Quick Pickled Sweet Mini Peppers
- 8 oz sweet mini peppers (approx. 10-11 min peppers)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups white vinegar
- ¼-½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Slice peppers into discs, discarding the stem. Peel and mince garlic. Add to a (clean) 24 oz mason jar.
- Bring water, vinegar, and sea salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once the mixture begins to bubble, remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then pour over banana peppers in your jar. Allow jar to reach room temperature.
- Once your jar-o-peppers has fully cooled, slap on the lid and pop in the fridge. That's it! You can dive in right away while they're fresh or enjoy chilled peppers throughout the week. They should keep for a few weeks and taste amazing on tacos, burrito bowls, nachos, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pasta salads, and more!
More Pickled Pepper Recipes
- Quick Pickled Banana Peppers
- Quick Fridge Pickled Jalapeño Peppers
- Curry Fridge Pickled Jalapeños
- Quick Refrigerator Pickled Peppers
If you’re team PICKLE-ALL-THE-THINGS!!!! like I am then you for sure need to try my Quick Pickled Red Onions and Quick Fridge Pickled Vegetables too. They’re in heavy rotation around here and oh so tasty!
If you get a chance to try these quick pickled sweet mini peppers, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you add them to!