These cheesy roasted green beans are a quick and easy side dish made with just a few tasty ingredients!
When they’re in season, green beans are ALWAYS part of my weekly grocery haul.
Recently I feel in love with roasting my beans and topping them with cheese.
The combination of flavorful seasoned beans with melty mozzarella is amazing!
- fresh green beans
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
While these roasted green beans are great all on their own, I’m hopelessly team “put cheese on allllll the veggies” when the craving strikes!
These cheesy roasted green beans pair amazingly with your favorite grilled/roasted/seared protein like chicken or steak.
For my vegetarian friends, simply use a veggie-friendly parmesan cheese (or opt for a crumble of feta on top in it’s place) and pair these tasty green beans with a fully loaded veggie burger or alongside a saucy serving of spaghetti or pasta.
Cheesy Roasted Green Beans
We love this easy cheesy gluten-free side dish!
I could go on about how you need to make these RIGHTMEOW (you do) or give you some sort of history lesson on all things green beans (nah) but instead we’re going to dive right into the recipe.
Let’s do this!
Cheesy Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (no parm? try it with feta!)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking/roasting sheet with parchment paper or brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- Wash and trim green beans to remove any stems.
- Arrange the green beans in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Whisk together the butter, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the green beans and mix to coat evenly.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until green beans are tender and lightly browned.
- Once the beans are roasted to your ideal tenderness, cover with grated cheeses and crushed red pepper flakes. Return to the oven for a minute or two to melt. Once the cheese is hot and melty get ready to dive in! Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try these cheesy roasted green beans, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
Lighten things up with this Green Bean Quinoa Salad with zesty homemade Maple Citrus Dressing.
No green beans? No Problem! Grab a bunch of asparagus and make some Easy Blanched Asparagus. We love it straight up with lemon juice and cayenne pepper and also swirled in pasta with creamy Alfredo sauce.