One of my favorite Halloween lunch ideas, these fun Frankenstein Halloween Sandwich Wraps are a must-make for the kids!
THESE WRAPS!!! Are you freaking out? I’m totally freaking out!
I’ve decided the world needs more healthy Halloween treat options and these lunch-worthy Frankenstein’s monster wraps are just what the witch doctor ordered. HA!
They’re sure to have your little monsters gobbling up their veggies!
My 7 year old helped me arrange the cheese and veggies into fun little faces and we had a total blast.
They’re perfect as a fun activity to pair with Halloween cookie decorating or as a spooky surprise lunch to pack your kiddos for school.
OMG you could even have a crafty little Halloween themed playdate and let all the kids decorate their own monster sandwich. LOVE IT!
Today’s tasty recipe is sponsored by Cabot Creamery Co-op as part of a delicious ongoing partnership. I love how they always let me go wild with my creations and have the best cheeses evahhh!
They’re seriously my favorite. Their line of naturally gluten-free and lactose-free cheeses are flavorful, creamy, and perfect for pairing with just about everything!
I used Cabot’s ultra-smooth Monterey Jack cheese for the base of the eyeballs and the bolts, and their flavorful Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese for the sandwich spread.
You can find a bajillion recipes featuring Cabot cheese on this little blog of mine in the recipe archives and even more on Cabot’s recipe page too.
Wrap it Up! Halloween Sandwich Ideas + Options
Though the outside is almost too cute to eat, these sandwich wraps are not just edible, they’re delicious!
You can basically transform any of your family’s favorite sandwiches into these Halloween themed wraps.
I paired a creamy, cheesy veggie-kissed sandwich spread (recipe below – it’s so good!) with crisp romaine lettuce and oven roasted sliced turkey. Sliced tomatoes or avocado would be an awesome addition.
Turkey-Apple-Cheddar is always good as is Ham and Cheese, Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, Italian-style wraps, or even Greek gryo-style wraps with chicken, feta, and veggies. So many possibilities!
You could also fill these wraps with the ingredients from my California Veggie Sandwich to make a 100% vegetarian wrap. SO GOOD!
You could even make a vegan version of your favorite sandwich/wrap.
What Foods Make Good Sandwich Faces?
Here’s the fun part – you can copy my silly little faces or get super creative with what you have on hand!
Anything that can be sliced into discs will make marvelous eyeballs. You can use sliced carrot, cheese, cucumber, olives, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, hard-boiled egg, or a combination of your favorites like I did.
For the smile you can used slice bell pepper, pretzel sticks, cheese, cucumber slices, cooked noodles (omg I love a good wiggly smile) and more.
Tortilla chips make excellent Frankenstein hair or you could go crazy and add a fuzzy pile of sprouts to give your monster a Bob Ross inspired ‘do.
Frankenstein Halloween Sandwich Wraps
Now that we’ve covered all the bases with sandwich wrap filling options and what to make your fun little monster faces out of, let’s get our Frankenstein on and create some monsters!
The recipe below makes 3 wraps, but feel free to make as many (or as few) as you need.
Frankenstein Halloween Sandwich Wraps
FOR THE WRAPS
- 3 spinach wraps
- 8-12 slices deli oven roasted turkey
- 3-6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 TBSP veggie cream cheese
- 2 TBSP mayo
- 1 cup coarsely grated Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE MONSTER FACES
- 4-6 oz Cabot Monterey Jack Cheese (or your favorite Cabot cheese)
- 6 slices cucumber
- 6 slices carrot
- 6 slices black olive
- 3 slices red bell pepper
- 3-6 tortilla chips
- 6 toothpicks
- See blog post for more sandwich filing and ingredient combo options. You can basically transform any of your family's favorite sandwiches into these Halloween-themed wraps. They're super customizable and fun to make!
- For an easy cheesy sandwich spread, combine spreadable veggie cream cheese with mayo, cheddar, garlic powder, and a teeny pinch of salt and pepper. Use an electric hand mixer to whip the ingredients together or blend well with a fork.
- Spread mixture onto spinach wraps/tortillas and top with turkey and lettuce.
- Fold into a rectangle. (Secure with toothpicks if needed.) Flip over and decorate with cheese and veggie eyeballs, bell pepper mouth, and tortilla chip hair.
- Use a small cookie cutter or knife to make circles in sliced cheese for the whites of the eyes. For the telltale Frankenstein bolts, cut cheese into cubes, place on toothpicks, and push one onto each side of the wrap.
- Have fun with it and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try these Frankenstein Halloween Sandwich Wraps, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see all the fun little monster sandwiches you create!
More Healthy Halloween Recipes
- NEW! Halloween Hummus Dip
- Spooky Halloween Monster Mash Soup
- Halloween Cheese and Crackers + Bonus Healthy Halloween Snack Ideas
- The Baker Mama makes a rockin’ Halloween Pumpkin Snack Board
- Carrot Pumpkin Cheeseball
My kids thought I was so cool for making these adorable wraps! Plus we all thought they were delicious!!!
YAY! So glad y’all enjoyed them, Liz!
I pinned these the other day because I think they’re the cutest things ever! So creative and perfect for a fun Halloween surprise for kids 🙂
Super cute! The kids loved them.
Woot woot! Thanks Taryn!
These are so fun + delicious!
So fun right?! My 7 year old keeps asking to make more daily!