We love this spicy ranch seasoned fire crackers recipe! This crazy addictive snack features mini saltine crackers seasoned to perfection and baked until crispy.
This sassy saltine recipe goes by so many names: Alabama Fire Crackers, Spicy Ranch Crackers, Seasoned Saltines, and even Comeback Crackers.
Do you call it something different? I love how this tasty little snack has so many aliases!
My 6-year-old simply calls them “spicy crackers” and, though she thinks they’re way too spicy to eat, she somehow can’t stay away when my husband and I are snacking on them.
Like clockwork she fans her face, chugs her water, then bashfully sneaks over for another. It’s hilarious to watch and we totally agree that these crispy seasoned crackers are downright addictive!
So if you’ve had them before you already know the deliciousness that’s in store, eh?
If you haven’t, say hello to your latest snack obsession!
Mini saltines are tossed in a blend of buttery avocado oil, flavorful ranch seasoning, and spicy cayenne and crushed red pepper flakes for maximum fire and flavor. I also like to add a little garlic powder and dill to mine – it’s optional but SO. FLIPPING. TASTY.
As written they’re probably about a touch above “medium” on the spice scale. They’re not too spicy but have a delicious little zing to them.
For thoroughly spicy crackers you can add extra cayenne and red pepper flakes.
It goes without saying that these sassy seasoned fire crackers can certainly be enjoyed straight up.
Spicy Ranch Alabama Fire Crackers Recipe
Serving a crowd? Feel free to double or triple the recipe for these zesty ranch saltines as needed. They also make amazing edible gifts to share with friends.
Spicy Ranch Fire Crackers Recipe
- Whisk together oil, ranch seaoning blend (the kind they make for dips – I used Hidden Valley), red pepper flakes, garlic powder, dill, and cayenne.
- Add mini salines to an easy-seal plastic bag and mix well, gently massaging the seasoning blend into the crackers.
- Preheat oven to 250°F and allow crackers to soak in mixture while you wait. (I gave mine about 10 minutes)
- Spread crackers out over a parchement paper or foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Allow crackers to cool and dive in! They stay crispy for about a week. Simply store in an airtight container at room temperatue. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this spicy ranch fire crackers recipe, let me know. We love these seasoned saltines like woah!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!