These super simple 4-ingredient Oreo Balls are fun to make and even more fun to EAT!
These Oreo balls don’t really need an introduction, do they?
This easy peasy dessert has become a party staple for everything from holiday parties to baby showers to birthday parties with oodles of parties and potlucks in between.
We’re talking Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Groundhogs Day, Oreo Balls Day… I mean does it even need to be an *actual* special occasion to make these bad boys? Nahhh! Oreo ball it up!
I think part of the draw is that they’re easier to make than a cake pop and pack oodles of irresistible Oreo flavor in every bite!
All you need is a package of Oreos, a brick of cream cheese, a drop or two of vanilla (optional but yummy) and white chocolate for that irresistible candy coating.
Over the years I’ve become a bit particular with my ingredients. Regular Oreos (not double stuff) work the best and Ghirardelli white chocolate bars or melts work the best for the chocolate coating.
We usually top ours with a few crumbled Oreo cookies (my favorite!) but if she’s feeling fancy, I’ll let my 6 year old drizzle melted milk chocolate on top with sprinkles.
She actually decorated the ones for this blog post and did a pretty fantastic job!
Easy 4-Ingredient Oreo Balls
Feel free to prep these in advance as they keep marvelously and are great for gifting! I store mine in the fridge to keep the chocolate set and they’re goo to go!
You can even freeze some to guarantee you always have an emergency stash of something sweet on hand. WOOT!
You can sprinkle them with pink sprinkle hearts for valentines day truffles, go red and green for the holidays, or create pretty much any variety on these under the sun.
You could even play around with different flavors go Oreos. Have fun with it and get yo Oreo ball on!
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz Ghirardelli white chocolate (melting wafers or bars)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- For easy blending, first allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Add oreos to a medium/large food processor and pulse cookies into fine crumbs. (See notes for alternate method if needed)
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of cookie crumbs for topping.
- Next add cream cheese and vanilla extract and process until well blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Roll and shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Next melt the white chocolate. Use package instsructions for melting, using the double broiler method for best results, if possible. To make a DIY double broiler, fill a medium-small pot 1/2-3/4 full with water and place a medium-large heat-safe glass/pyrex bowl top. Bring water to an active/rolling simmer (reduce heat as needed to prevent it from spilling over) and use empty bowl on top to melt chocoalte, stirring often until perfectly melted. Remove from heat.
- Retrieve oreo balls from freezer and set the tray besides the melted chocolate. Place each ball on a fork and spoon chocoalte over the ball to coat, pouring off any excess.
- Use an additonal fork, spoon, or toothpick to transfer to your parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved oreo crumbles while hot and repeat for remaining balls.
- For same-day enjoyment, allow to sit for an hour in the refrigerator to set before serving. Once set, store in an air tight container in the fridge or you can even freeze some for later!
If you get a chance to try these easy peasy Oreo balls, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
more sweet treats
- NEW! Chocolate Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Homemade Cookie Cake – READER FAVORITE!
- Sugar Spun Run’s epic Oreo Cheesecake is on my to-do list – yum!
- Chocolate Banana Muffins with melty chocolate chips because, #duh
The best Oreo balls ever. You will want to eat every single one of them. Everyone loves them!
These were AH-MAZING and I have been making oreo balls for as long as I can remember! Me and the hubby fought over who got the last one.
So stoked they were a hit! I need to make these more often!
Yummy! This is a holiday staple in our house, but also perfect for pot lucks and play dates!!! So easy to throw together and my kiddos enjoy decorating them!
They are creamy and just the right amount of sweet crunch! You won’t be able to eat just one! Thank you for sharing this recipe! Delish!
Can we make these for every play date?! Haha love it!