Grab some crunchy veggies and fluffy naan and dive into this Spicy Sweet Potato Dip!
Left with a lone sweet potato in the pantry?
That’s cause for celebration! Seriously! There are so many things you can do with a sweet potato.
If you’re looking to make a meal out of it, try making a Savory Stuffed Sweet Potato, blending it into a pot of creamy Roasted Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup, or swirling it into a luscious parmesan cream sauce with this Sweet Potato Alfredo. All three recipes are made with just a single sweet potato!
Simply feel like snacking? I GOT YOU.
This spicy sweet potato dip is a crazy tasty. You can use it as a dip for crispy falafel, flatbread, carrot sticks, and/or pita chips or serve it up side-dish style as a base for your favorite protein and veggies.
Spicy Sweet Potato Dip
For a spicy kick to the taste buds, I added cayenne pepper and topped it with a drizzle of spicy sesame oil. Though I haven’t tried it, I feel like a little Sriracha might be a super fun addition too. Not a fan of heat? Skip things mild and skip the spice entirely!
Spicy Sweet Potato Dip
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking/roasting tray with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into one-inch cubes. Smash/flatten you garlic cloves with a knife.
- Spread garlic and sweet potato spaced on a parchment-lined baking/roasting tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and easily mashed with a fork.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add tahini, salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, cumin and the juice from 1/2 a lime. Blend well. For a thinner consistency, add a little water (1 TBSP at a time) and continue blending until smooth and creamy. I like mine extra thick!
- Pour contents into a small serving bowl and surround with your choice of fluffy flatbread, pita chips, and carrot sticks. For a side-dish vibe, use the dip as a flavorful base for your favorite protein and veggies. Enjoy!
Inspired by Cookie and Kate’s Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus but with a chickpea-free twist!
Love legumes? You can 100% puree a cup of garbanzo beans or white beans into this tasty sweet potato dip. Simply re-season to taste after the addition, top with a drizzle of your favorite olive oil, and have at it! Spicy harissa-infused olive oil would be AMAZING!
hungry for more?
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Burgers – READER FAVORITE!
- Moroccan Sweet Potato Soup (Instant Pot + Stove Top)
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeño Salsa