Halloween Cheese and Crackers are a fun and healthy way to treat your friends and family to an EPIC snack! Serve them up as an after school snack or as an easy party appetizer for all your Halloween party shenanigans!
Using mini cookie cutters to transform cheese into pumpkins, bats, and ghosts is fun and tasty way to spookify your Halloween menu without going into a sugar coma!
This spooky snack is hands-down one of my favorite Halloween appetizers to whip up this time of year. It’s quick, easy, and always a hit!
I’ll whip up a tray for game night or my neighbor’s annual Halloween party and sometimes simply slip a few ghost and bat cheese and crackers into my kindergartener’s lunch.
I picked up my festive little set of mini Halloween cookie cutters on Amazon but they can also be found at stores like Target and Michaels too.
They’re great for spookifying cheese, apple slices, cucumber slices, and more! I’ve even used them to cut fun little patterns in bread for sandwiches.
Halloween Cheese and Crackers
Choose your favorite cheese for this fun snack! I love using Colby cheese and sharp cheddar but you could also use Gouda, mozzarella, white cheddar, Muenster, and Pepper Jack cheese if you’d like.
Deli-sliced cheese is the speedy option here, and great for super-thin cutouts for topping crackers. You can also use a block of your favorite cheese and slice it into thin sections to stamp out the shapes in.
Both options are super easy and great for little helpers too. My daughter loves to help me make these and often takes over the task entirely!
Wondering what to do with the leftover pieces of cheese after you’ve cut your shapes out?
Easy peasy! Toss the leftover bits and pieces on a cutting board and chop them up into little pieces. You can save them in a baggie in the fridge and use them just as you would shredded cheese for topping tacos, pizza, salads, and more!
I even came up with a fun pumpkin-shaped cheeseball recipe using the leftover cheese from this recipe. You’ll find the instructions at the bottom of this post – WOOT!
Halloween Cheese and Crackers
- 8 slices cheese (cheddar, Colby, Pepper Jack, etc…)
- 35 crackers
- Use mini Halloween cookie cutters to cut fun shapes in the cheese slices.
- Snag a serving platter or wooden cutting board and arrange the cheese on one side of the plate and the crackers on the other (topping the crackers too early can make them a bit soggy by the end of the party) – easy peasy!
- Need to make it ahead of time, cut your shapes the night before, place on a plate and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Pop it in the fridge to keep fresh until the next day.
pumpkin cheese ball
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (use leftover bits and pieces of cheese from the recipe above)
- 1-2 TBSP chopped green onion or chives
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stick
- In a medium bowl, combine slightly softened cream cheese with green onions (or chives), garlic powder, salt, and any extra seasoning you’d like to throw into the mix! A few spoonfuls of pumpkin and some pumpkin spice seasoning are tasty additions. Simply taste test with a cracker and adjust to taste.
- Use a silicone spatula to scoop out the cheese mixture and place on a large square of plastic wrap.
- Shape into a ball with your hands.
- If mixture is too soft, pop it in the fridge to chill until it holds shape.
- Once ready, place your ball on a sheet of parchment paper or cutting board.
- Peel your carrot and coarsely grate using a cheese grater.
- Press carrot shreds into the pumpkin and top with a celery stick.
looking for more party appetizers?
If you get a chance to try these fun + festive Halloween Cheese and Crackers, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation!