Jazz up your cool-weather salad game with this deliciously easy Blood Orange Dressing!
I’m head over heels in love with this blood orange salad dressing.
Not only is it crazy easy to make, but the taste is just plain scrumptious!
Is it weird that I said scrumptious? YOU GUYS – THIS DRESSING!!!
Insert your adjective of choice and get it on your salads, stat.
The ingredients are simple, yet flavorful. After zesting some of your blood orange, you’ll combine the zested peel with freshly squeezed blood orange juice, lemon juice, a little healthy oil, garlic, dijon, and honey. Season with salt and pepper then blend it all together and Houston, we have a salad dressing!
For the oil you can use avocado oil (my favorite!), olive oil, or grapeseed oil.
Looking for an extra spark of tartness? Feel free to let a little apple cider vinegar in on the fun if you’d like a zestier vinaigrette for your salad.
when are blood oranges in season?
Blood orange season runs from Winter to Spring. You’ll typically find varieties of blood oranges in your local supermarkets from December to March or even December to May, if you’re lucky!
Tied with cara cara oranges as my favorite citrus fruit ever, these vivid, crimson, tie-dye-hued oranges are so sweet and delicious.
Reading this before/after blood orange season? Bookmark it for later – it’s a must-try for sure!
Easy Homemade Blood Orange Dressing
I’ll frequently toss a combination of blood orange and cara cara orange slices on a healthy apple, spinach, and feta salad; then dress it with this pretty pink dressing. It’s basically a Vitamin C smorgasbord and I love. it. so.
Blood Orange Dressing
Jazz up your Spring and Winter salads with this easy Blood Orange Dressing!
Feel free to double this recipe if needed! Dressing will keep for several days tightly sealed and refrigerated. Shake before serving.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic smashed and minced (approx. 1 tsp)
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Grab a blood orange and zest about 1/4 tsp from the rind. Roll the orange on the counter to help release the juice then slice in half and juice. (I use a citrus reamer to get every last drop)
- Combine blood orange juice (we're looking for 1/4 cup of juice here) with the remaining ingredients in a mason jar and shake well. For a completely smooth dressing, I used an immersion blender. You can follow suit with a blender/processor of your choice or leave the garlic as is - both ways work great!
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
more scrumptious salad dressing recipes
- Balsamic Blueberry Salad Dressing
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Easy Homemade Greek Dressing
- Italian Dressing Recipe
If you get a chance to try this tasty homemade Blood Orange Dressing, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!