Grab some leftover cranberry sauce and get ready to rock your face with this Vegan Cranberry Pecan Grilled Cheese! Plant-based slices take this easy cheezy sandwich to the next level!
Make the most of your holiday leftovers with this sweet and savory grilled cheeze sandwich!
I used my go-to slow cooker cranberry sauce (I have some tucked in the freezer at all times) and used brown sugar in place of the honey in the sauce to make it 100% vegan. Easy peasy!
This recipe also works gloriously with conventional cheese if needed for all my vegetarian friends!
Want to maximize your Thanksgiving leftovers? Make your grilled cheese a panini by piling it high with leftover stuffing, mashed potatoes, sliced apple, etc… for the ultimate next day sammie. SO GOOD!
Vegan Cranberry Pecan Grilled Cheese
Recipe Serves 1 and is easily doubled or tripled as needed!
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2-3 TBSP leftover cranberry sauce, warmed
- 1-2 TBSP finely chopped/crushed roasted pecans (optional)
- 2 Daiya Provolone Style Slices
- 1-2 TBSP vegan buttery spread of choice, as needed
- Spread cranberry sauce on each slice of bread.
- Top one slice with a sprinkle of crushed toasted pecans and Daiya Provolone Style Slices and top with the remaining slice.
- For an extra golden crust, spread the outside of each slice of bread with vegan buttery spread or coconut oil.
- Next heat a pan to medium heat with some extra buttery spread or coconut oil. Once hot, add your sandwich. Use a spatula to press down on the grilled cheese, and feel free to pop a clear pot lid on top to help melt the slices. Before flipping, add a little more spread/oil if your pan is dry. Pop your lid back on if you’re using one and grill each side until golden brown with a melty center.
MELTY GRILLED CHEESE TRICK: For the meltiest sandwich ever, pop it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or so after grilling for the most epic vegan cheese pull of all time!