These super simple mini mushroom quiche are perfect for breakfast or brunch! Buttery mushrooms and creamy swiss make them flavorful and fantastic!
I’ve been a teeny bit cranky lately.
Staying up late tearing through the ginormous stack of books beside my bed, making ridiculously long lists of things I want to cook/bake/create, and doing laundry at ungodly hours has resulted in restless nights and difficult mornings.
Hitting the snooze button and missing my morning workouts only ups the biotch-factor so, now that a new week has presented itself, I’m determined to wake up on the right side of the bed and get my act together.
That shouldn’t be too difficult to do with a fridge full of these guys to wake up to!
These mini mushroom quiche are AMAZING! You could for sure make them into one large quiche if desired, but mini makes them oh-so-fun and the crust to quiche ratio is perfection!
Leftover quiche slices/minis can be frozen for a few months or stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
They re-heat like a dream in the toaster oven or even in the microwave when needed. And they taste pretty awesome with hot sauce too — but then again what doesn’t taste good with hot sauce on top?
Cupcakes. Def cupcakes.
I don’t feel like typing anymore. I just want to go eat quiche. Gosh!
Ok maybe the crankies are back. But these are super yummy and I look forward to inhaling them for breakfast all. week. long. A second batch (with asparagus) is on the menu as well. Mmm and more of these too.
Ready to get your quiche on?! Let’s do this!
Mini Mushroom Quiche
This rockin’ recipe yields 4 mini quiche, perfect for easy heat and eat breakfasts for the week or for four sharable servings for weekend brunch. Enjoy!
Mini Mushroom Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 6-8 oz baby bella or cremini mushrooms
- ¼ yellow onion (approx 1/2 cup diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces swiss cheese , chopped or grated
- ½ cup half and half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
uber easy homemade crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup oil (olive, coconut, or avocado oil)
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the mushrooms, mince your garlic, and dice your onion.
- To make the crust, first mix the flour and salt with fork. In a separate bowl, beat the oil and water with a whisk or fork to thicken.
- Pour into flour and mix gently with a fork. [just til mixed, don’t overwork it]
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts and press each flat on a solid surface. You’ll want to press the dough super thin so it comes out flaky and magical.
- Then press each doughy disc into 4 mini tart pans and season each with a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Saute your mushrooms and onion, adding the garlic towards the very end to prevent burning. Season with a little salt, pepper, and even a little garlic powder for added flavor.
- Beat the eggs until the yolks and whites are incorporated and add the cream.
- Top the crust with your veggies and swiss and pour in egg mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until the edges are slightly golden.
If you get a chance to try these mini mushroom quiche, let me know!
You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!