This festive Cranberry Mango Layered Smoothie combines two tasty layers of fruit with hidden veggies for a layered smoothie that’s so easy to make!
This sassy smoothie recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze’s delicious new Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend.
Cranberry Mango Layered Smoothie
A tart and refreshing cran-raspberry layer atop a sweet mango and spinach studded green smoothie… It may be cold outside but this healthy stacked smoothie will spark a year-round craving!
The hardest part about this recipe was trying to figure out a name for it. Smoothies are always a pain in the butt to name. I could call it a holiday smoothie, but that’s too vague. The other option is to list out every darn ingredient in the smoothie, but that’s not really an option at all is it? Could you imagine trying to order a Cranberry Raspberry Spinach Mango Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Smoothie off a menu board at Jamba? Yeah, no.
“Just give me that red and green thing in a glass, please!”
Let’s just call it a day, slap a name on it, and pat ourselves on the back for having a smoothie for breakfast instead of hitting up the last slice of Thanksgiving pie.
Unless of course you had both. Then you simply win at life. Gold star, jazz hands, and four candy canes for you Glen Coco!
You go, Glen Coco!
My technique for a flawless layered smoothie couldn’t be easier! After blending your first layer, pour it in your glass [or glasses, if you’re using two small ones] and pop it in the freezer while you make your second layer. Do the same with the next layer and freeze for 10 minutes for best results. Spoon smoothie #2 over smoothie #1 and you’re good. to. go.
This festive winter smoothie combines two tasty layers of fruit with a little hidden veggie action for an impressive (+ healthy!) layered drink that's easy to make!
- GREEN LAYER:
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 + 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- a splash of orange juice
- RED LAYER:
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1/2-3/4 cup frozen raspberries (or frozen strawberries!)
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- sweeten if desired (honey, agave, etc)
- healthy extras: chia seeds, flax seeds, ground flax, hemp seeds.... add your favorites!
- If you own a fickle old blender like I do, sometimes the smoothie will be too thick to blend. Adding a little extra liquid or fresh fruit will help in that case!
- First blend your green smoothie using your favorite blender .
- Pour into a glass (or two small cups) and place in the freezer.
- Give your blender a quick rinse, then blend the cranberry layer.
- For a perfect, clean line between the two layers, you'll want to also pop this one in the freezer, but in a separate glass.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes then use a spoon to gently transfer the cranberry smoothie on top of the green smoothie so your layers are perfectly even (and delicious!)
- SO EASY!
Expect to have a little more of the green smoothie than the red. It's the sweeter layer of the two and a perfect match for the tart, refreshing cranberries!
Recipe makes one jumbo smoothie or two small servings.
I can’t get enough of this flavor combo!
Since the holiday season started up I’ve been making a smoothie a day, and this one has been making quite a few repeat appearances! It’s been the perfect easy, on-the-go breakfast for a serial breakfast-skipper like myself. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Thanks again to my go-to dairy-free milk, Almond Breeze Almondmilk, for sponsoring this post! My entire family puffy hearts this company and their commitment to creating quality products.
Even better? They’re hosting a fantastic contest on their website right now! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack (seriously – it’s SO awesome – I wish I could win it!) and get great savings + ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com
Hungry for more?
Looking for even more recipes? [Click Here] to sign up for our Weekly Recipe Newsletter!
Always free; always delicious.