This tasty Sriracha Almond Crusted Salmon recipe is quick, easy, and loaded with nutrients! You’re gonna love this healthy protein-packed dish!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. SRIRACHA almonds. Cue confetti.
There’s a new nut in town, folks and it’s destined to take your snacking game to the next level! Allow me to introduce you to the new foodie love of my life. Full of garlicky sweet chili flavor with just the right amount of spice and zing, these extra BOLD Sriracha almonds are deeeelicious!
At one point, one of my twin jars went missing. I about lost my mind. While I may be accustomed to the pilot and chickpea running off with my food, there’s a line no one shall cross. That line is reserved for two things: my cheese stash and my almonds. Do not mess with a girl’s almonds. Especially when they’re doused in Sriracha.
Sriracha makes you happy. “Happy people don’t kill their husbands, they just don’t!”
Unless their husbands steal their almonds.
Run Paul, run!
Though they’re great for snacking and positively awesome straight up, I couldn’t resist srirachafying my lunch. You’re going to FLIP over this salmon!
Sriracha Almond Crusted Salmon
Sriracha Almond Crusted Salmon
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds
- 1lb fresh Wild Alaskan Salmon, skin on
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 2 TBSP oil plus a bit extra as needed
- SRIRACHA YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1-2 TBSP Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 TBSP white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of salt
- Add extra Sriracha to taste.
- For a paleo-friendly sauce, replace yogurt with mayo.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add almonds to a bag and crush into coarse crumbs using any tool of your choosing. I used a mason jar but a wine bottle or glass olive oil bottle also works!
- Pat salmon dry and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Brush with egg white and top with crushed Sriracha almonds. Press to coat.
- Since we're searing these skin-on [it helps keep the tender easily-flaked fish together] only one side of the salmon will need a coating.
- Next place a TBSP or two of oil in a pan or skillet and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add salmon.
- Sear each side for a minute or two, adding more oil if needed, then transfer to the oven to bake.
- With a spatula, gently move the salmon to a foil lined baking sheet, skin side down, and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets, until the center is fully cooked and opaque.
- If you're using a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, pop that bad boy with the fish directly in the oven.
- The result is a crisp, flavorful crust on the outside with a tender flaky inside.
- Serve piping hot and devour immediately.
- FEELING SAUCY? Serve with a drizzle of Sriracha chili sauce or whip up a ramekin of Sriracha yogurt sauce by whisking together the sauce ingredients above.
Now let’s get up close and personal with this deliciousness, shall we?
so . . . how was it!?
We went NUTS over it! Literally! ….. for a dish that’s lean, clean, and gloriously gluten-free. The almond-salmon combo is chock full of protein and healthy fats, making this a filling lunch [or dinner] that you can feel good about!
Grab a fork and dig in!
Oh hello! Let’s not forget our veggies! A big green salad drizzled with my super tasty Feta Dressing made an easy peasy side for this delicious dish!
Like mother like daughter.
#proudmama #futurefoodblogger #whyamIhashtagging #weirdo
For those of you who are ready for a face full of tasty Sriracha almonds, visit the Blue Diamond website for a handy store locator and find your nearest retailer. You’ll thank me later. Though this post [and finger licking recipe!] was made possible by the awesome folks at Blue Diamond, all opinions and almond hoarding is my own. Thanks for allowing me to occasionally work with companies I adore to keep this blog up and running!