This uber easy Italian dressing is so fast and flavorful, you’ll never buy pre-made dressing again!
Can I chatter gloriously off topic today?
Smile and nod because you clearly have no choice in the matter! Mwah!
On Monday I started listening to an audiobook with the pilot. Since he’s humored me by listening to Tina Fey’s Bossypants no less than a dozen times, I figured I’d throw him a bone and let him asault my eardrums with his nerdy space book. Oh yes, I totally judgy mcjudgersoned the book by its title. The Martian? Really Paul?
Well here we are, two days later and I CANNOT STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS BOOK! I switched over to the kindle version and have read it every night until my eyes literally could not stay open a second longer. I’m hooked! By the time you’re reading this I’ll have finished Andy Weir’s addictive little nerd book [yeah I said it!] and will probably be rendered useless via book hangover. I can already feel the hangover coming on as I near the end, it’s that good. I puffy heart Mark Whatney and am not even remotely prepared to part ways with this novel. Did I mention Matt Damon will be playing him in the movie!? YAAAS!
I should probably not get started on Mister Damon or we’ll be here for quite a while. Let’s talk dressing instead! No… Damon! Dressing! Um… food wins. Sorry studmuffin.
Salad dressings are so flipping easy to make that there’s very few reasons to ever buy a premade dressing ever again. Seriously so so easy! This super speedy Italian dressing is my go-to for pasta salads, cucumber salads, and OMGINEEDASALADNOW salads. Without further adieu, let’s make some dressing!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 TBSP Mrs Dash Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- optional extras:
- 1-2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed + minced
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Feel free to adjust oil-to-vinegar ration to taste. The above measurements are my idea of perfection in a vinaigrette and I love how refreshing it is! I promise not to pout if you add a little extra olive oil.
- Whisk all ingredients together and allow to sit. Giving the dressing some time to mingle will not only infuse flavor into the oil/vinegar but also soften the dry herbs and seasoning. This dressing will keep in your fridge for about a week so make extra to drizzle over a week's worth of salads! Enjoy!
Since the dressing is au natural and lacks any emulsifies, some separation is normal. The dressing will keep in your fridge for 4-5 days, simply shake and serve!
And because it’s a dressing, feel free to double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed! It’s fabulously flexible and customizable too! Some days I’ll add a little extra vinegar for a burst of tartness and other days I’ll cheese it up with grated parmesan or feta cheese. Dijon mustard is also a great mix in! It not only helps emulsify the dressing but gives it a tangy, creamy consistency that’s naturally vegan! The possibilities are truly endless.
So what do you say? Ready to ditch the store-bought dressing?
The possibilities are gloriously endless.