While this sassy sandwich is almost too easy to be considered a recipe, it’s far too good to keep to myself! Featuring Cabot’s uber flavorful everything bagel cheddar cheese and two perfectly fried drippy eggs, this breakfast bagel will have you planning your day around breakfast, brunch, and brinner!
Everything Bagel Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 everything bagel or bagel-thin
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of your favorite deli cheese
- 1-2 oz freshly grated Cabot Everything Bagel Cheese
- a handful of fresh spinach
- butter for grilling the sandwich, to taste [optional]
- Slice bagel in half and set aside.
- Next begin cooking bacon via your favorite method [I bake mine on parchment paper but you could also fry it up on a skillet if you prefer]
- While the bacon cooks, fry your eggs: Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat and crack your eggs into the pan, separate from one another. Cook for a few minutes until your idea of drippy egg perfection is reached. Covering the pan halfway through cooking [after about a minute or two] helps cook the top of the egg and is my go-to technique for a perfect fried egg!
- Next butter each side of your bagel [optional] and top with cheese, eggs, bacon, and spinach. Grill it up on a skillet or press into your [url href="http://amzn.to/22ainiQ" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"]favorite panini press|" rel="nofollow" target="_blank] for a melty breakfast grilled cheese that will rock your morning! Alternatively you can simply toast your bagel and pile it high with the ingredients sandwich-style.
- There's no wrong way to make an egg sammie; just make one! This bad boy is straight up delicious!
Double, triple, or quadruple the ingredients depending on how many sandwiches you need. No need to measure, just use this as meal-spiration and have fun with breakfast!
No everything bagels? No problem! Try these delicious egg sandwiches with a fluffy everything bagel biscuit as a bun; they’re flipping delicious!
The above sandwich [huzzah!!!!!] plus some sliced strawberries and a giant mug-o-coffee. I made this beast of a brekkie with recipe development in mind and was SO glad I did! Sometimes the blog is the only push I need to make myself a proper breakfast in the morning. Though this trick tends to only work a few times a month, since other mornings are lazy/rushed and typically consist of a few scrambled eggs, cereal, or the occasional bakery bagel. I need to get back on the oatmeal train too. It’s been far too long! Ooh! And grits too. And biscuits. And… I like food. A lot.
I was still pretty stuffed from breakfast, and kind of crazed from chasing the chickpea around all day so lunch consisted of a snack plate while photo editing during chicken little’s nap.
It wasn’t much but after a big breakfast it was just what I needed.
Green Tea with Ginger!
Parmesan Pesto Pasta with Parsley. So much alliteration. So much yum. This is my go-to dinner when things are crazy. Depending on the contents of my fridge or freezer, sometimes this dish will be loaded with fresh veggies and shrimp [a la this super popular recipe] and other times it’ll take a more simplistic route. I am still kicking myself for forgetting that I had spinach in the fridge and eating my pesto pasta plain. I also whipped out a box of green beans with almonds from the freezer and had that alongside my pasta. Yum!
Dessert was the most amazing double-chocolate cookie! I’m still in recipe development mode to get them a bit thicker/fluffier and somehow take decent photos of the batch. They taste perfect, now I just need them to look the part! Recipe coming soon!