Guys, I have an announcement.
WE’RE MOVING BACK TO FLORIDA! FLORIDA!!!
I am so completely out-of-my-mind exited! I’ve spent over 25 years calling the sunshine state home and was starting to wonder if we’d ever get the chance to move back. We did! It’s happening! Thank you Marine Corps!!!!
And with that, I’ve exhausted my exclamation point usage for the day.
Though I clearly want to jump for joy, the whole ordeal little bittersweet. I’m really going to miss this little house of mine and my neighborhood full of crazy. I wish I could uproot both and take them with me. This is the first time we’ve really set down roots and saying goodbye to my friends-turned-family is going to be so flipping hard.
Cue ugly cry.
sidenote: Is their a tinder page for finding new BFFs?
As super exciting as a fresh start is, this one has me weepy. I’m not entirely sure, but running into a compete stranger’s house and plopping down on the couch is probably frowned upon. Maybe… Probably. I’ll let you know how it goes when I forget where I am and actually attempt it! Eek!
Luckily I get to take you guys with me! We can stay up all night snacking on spinach dip and veggies, gabbing about how awesome asparagus is and how we’re going to eat eleventy million heirloom tomatoes once they’re in season… Just me? Fine, we don’t have to talk about veggies, but we will eat them!
Easy Cheesy Asparagus Spinach Dip
This easy cheesy asparagus spinach dip is a veg-tactic spin on the classic! With an entire bunch of asparagus spears and a whole box of fresh spinach in the recipe, green has never tasted so good! If you love spinach and artichoke dip you’re going to adore this tasty twist!
8 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 1 bunch asparagus [approx 38 spears]
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5-6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated + packed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika [optional]
- 1 [5oz] package fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese for topping
- parsley parm and red pepper flakes to garnish
- recipe yields 3 cups of dreamy dip
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim and rinse your asparagus stalks, then blanch or steam until tender.
- In a food processor, combine asparagus, garlic, cream cheese, and parm cheese along with your garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and paprika. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- In a well-seasoned cast iron skillet , sauté an entire package of spinach with a little bit of olive oil, then add your asparagus dip.
- Fold together and top with fresh mozzarella [or try gouda!] and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with your favorites [parsley, part, red pepper flakes, etc...] and grab your favorite dippers!
- Dive in!
so . . . how was it!?
Ah-mazing! I’m sure a few of you are scratching your heads wondering whyyyy on earth I snuck asparagus spears into spinach dip, but you know you’re curious! I’ve long been a fan of whipping up asparagus pesto as a sauce and spread for pasta, flatbreads, pizza, and sandwiches, and this dreamy dip takes its fantastic flavor to the next level! Try it!
Dive in with tortilla chips, crusty bread, crunchy crudities, and all your favorite dippers!