KALE YEAH! Chopped Greek Kale Salad with a healthy homemade Greek dressing you’ll want to put on everything!
As I’m sure you know by now, I’m hopelessly kale-obsessed. Since hopping back on the bandwagon this year, I’ve been keeping a freshly chopped + massaged bag of kale in my crisper at all times.
It comes in handy when I want a snack (kale chips!) or breakfast (quiche!!!) and, of course, whenever a craving for a mondo salad strikes!
I’ve also been riding a serious cucumber kick as I’m sure most of you have noticed from my past few WIAW posts! They’re essentially a love letter to cukes. Can you blame me though? They’re delicious!
Much like my beloved kale, I’ve been eating them non-stop!
What I Ate Wednesday #255
Here’s a peek at a full day of my eats including all the little snacks in between meals that I can’t seem to stop stuffing my face with lately.
[breakfast] Egg + cheese on an everything bagel-thin
[snack] Countless slices of watermelon – It’s so refreshing!
[snack] A handful of honey roasted almonds
[lunch] A snack plate with pepperoni, cheese, cucumbers, and dip – YUM!
[snack] More honey roasted almonds… once the jar is open I can’t stop going back for more!
[dinner] a jumbo kale chopped salad
[snack] Almonds. so many almonds (I told you I’m hooked!)
Chopped Greek Kale Salad
Need this salad in your life? It’s delicious and SO SO easy! If you’re on the fence about kale, now is the time to give it a try! This salad is fresh, delicious, and so so healthy too!
Let’s do this!
:: pin it for later ::
Chopped Greek Kale Salad
Yield 1-2 salads
- 2 cups chopped dinosaur kale
- 1 heaping cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 heaping cup chopped mini cucumbers
- 1/2-1 cup diced avocado
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta
- fresh parsley to garnish
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 TBSP quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, smashed + minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Chop your veggies.
- Pour a little olive oil in your hands and work your way through the kale, massaging the leaves until they darken in color and tenderize.
- Finish it off with a pinch of salt and add cucumber, tomato, and avocado.
- Whisk together dressing and pour desired amount on salad, toss to coat.
- Add feta and a pinch of optional parsley and dive on in!
- Since kale is super hearty, you can even let the salad sit a little with the dressing to soak up flavors. It's delicious!
Recipe yields 1 large salad or 2 side salads.