Grab a spiralizer or veggie peeler and whip up this quick, easy, and healthy rainbow spiralized veggie salad featuring beet, carrot, cucumber, and broccoli stalk!
Empty your crisper with this rainbow spiralized veggie salad!
Or is it a slaw? Ever since the great soup/stew debate [hello dramatic!] I’ve been doubting my title choices. I’m officially the most indecisive person ever.
Here’s the deal, if you serve it atop some yummy grilled chicken or salmon, or as a side to a rocking veggie burger, then it’s a slaw. If you pile it in a bowl and dive in with your favorite dressing and a big ole fork, then it’s a salad. Deal? Deal!
I’ve been making a ton of recipes with broccoli florets lately, and I’m 100% opposed to tossing the stalks. I just can’t do it! They make fabulous broccoli slaw, a great addition to fresh pressed juice, and now they’re getting the extra-fancy red carpet treatment in this spiralized veggie salad.
Spiralized Veggie Salad: Eat the Rainbow!
Grab a spiralizer or veggie peeler & whip up this quick, easy, & healthy salad of beet, carrot, cucumber, & broccoli stalk!
- 2 broccoli stalks
- 1-2 jumbo carrots
- 1 medium beet
- 1/4 cucumber
- your favorite nuts [I went with almond slivers]
- your favorite seeds [sunflower + chia for me!]
- homemade or store-bought salad dressing
- Check out the bottom of this post for a few of my favorite homemade dressing recipes!
- Wash and peel your carrots, beet, and cucumber.
- Remove the tops from your broccoli if you haven't already used them, and set aside for snacking or stirring into your favorite dish.
- Since thicker vegetables make the best spirals, remove the thin ends of the carrot as well as a sliver of the carrot top, to make a flat base on both ends. You'll only want the thickest part of the carrot, so save the tip for grating into muffins or for snacking.
- Break out the spiral slicer and spiralize all four veggies, using the thinnest setting.
- Pile into a bowl and top with chopped nuts and seeds along with your favorite dressing.
- I used ranch for mine [the craving struck!] but I'll throw some links to other dressing recipes at the bottom of this post for ya!
Dreamy Dressing Recipes:
Since this is a salad, it totally goes without saying that you can customize it to your heart’s content. I’m simply here to give you that little nudge to break out the veggies and have fun with it!
I get bored of the same old salads over and over, so breaking out my spiralizer is usually the easiest way to switch things up around here! Though this salad would be equally awesome shaved into ribbons with a veggie peeler, no fancy tool required!
Sooooo… what are you waiting for?
Eat. Yo. Veggies.