Bell Pepper Pizzas: Hand-held pizza with a healthy twist!
- 1 large green bell pepper
- ¼ cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- a pinch of basil or parsley
- as many toppings as you can fit!
- Pre-heat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice off each of the four sides of your pepper and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Top with sauce, then cheese, followed by any and every veggie in your crisper! I added broccoli and tomatoes to mine.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flipping your oven to broil towards the end to make the cheese nice and bubbly.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and basil/parsley if desired and dig in!
so…how were they?! Fantastic! These bad boys have all the ease and integrity of an english muffin or mini bagel pizza without the pesky carbs. The bell peppers linger somewhere between crispy and tender [crender? tendy? umm.. let’s pretend I didn’t attempt that!] and make the perfect vessel for delivering pizza into your face. The’re a great handheld snack/appetizer and you can easily make dozens to feed a crew! Turn it into a light lunch by adding your favorite side; it’s as speedy as making a sandwich but way more fun.