It’s time you tried a breakfast baked potato! It’s easy! Simply stuff a spud like you would a fluffy omelette (complete with scrambled or a fried egg on top!) and brunch like a champion!
Breakfast Baked Potato
I’m pretty sure you could call it Killer Spud From Outer Space and it would still rock your digestive system. So before I turn this quickie post into a full length novel, let’s get on with the show!
- 1 baked [or microwaved!] potato
- 1-2 eggs, scrambled until fluffy and sprinkled with salt and pepper
- plain greek yogurt
- anything you have in the fridge!
- I practically live off beans so there are always black beans in my fridge for potato toppage
- avocados or leftover guacamole are great too
- shredded cheese - also delicious
- I could go on, but you totally know how to rock this one all on your own! =)
- T-Rex Chefs: you were waiting for me to mention bacon, weren't you? Bacon... Crumbled Sausage... Ham... any breakfast meat that tickles your fancy will work. As long as you acknowledge that veggies are superior, you can eat all the bacon you want without me passing an inkling of judgement. Mwah!
- Bake or nuke a spud to fluffy perfection.
- Slice vertically.
- Stuff with all your favorite breakfast foods!
Ooh! and I highly suggest trying this with fresh salsa.
I could probably dip a plain baked potato in salsa and call it a day.
(a really delicious day)
Whether you make this for breakfast, brunch, or the ever-fabulous brinner, it’s sure to rock.