These tasty no-bake peanut butter energy bites are made with just 6 tasty ingredients and are perfect for snacking!
These little energy bites are a fantastic way to get your chocolate and peanut butter fix without reaching for candy.
They’re a combination of creamy peanut butter, rolled oats, ground flax, honey, vanilla, and mini chocolate chips and are a total breeze to throw (or should I say roll?) together.
You can prep them in advance and the recipe yields a dozen balls – perfect for sharing with family members orrrrrrrrr for hiding at the back of the fridge so no one can raid your stash. Hah!
For gloriously gluten-free energy bites, simply be sure to use GF certified oats and you’re good to go!
Energy Bite Recipes
I’ve blogged a few ball-shaped bites over the year. Here are some other tasty ones to try:
Energy Bite Ingredients
For these peanut butter energy bites I kept the ingredients ultra simple. Feel free to roll them in anything your heart desires from extra oats and chocolate chips to shredded coconut and crushed peanuts.
- creamy peanut butter
- old fashioned rolled oats
- mini chocolate chips
- ground flax seeds
You can even use chunky peanut butter if you’d like extra crunch. Simply add a little extra honey or some coconut oil to help the crunchy peanut butter roll together easier. Prefer a smoother texture? Stick with creamy and you can even use quick oats (not instant) in place of rolled.
No Honey? No problem! You can use maple syrup in its place for a tasty swap that’s vegan friendly too.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Making these energy bites couldn’t be easier!
Simply mix all ingredients in a bowl until well-combined and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
Once chilled, slap some coconut oil or avocado oil on your hands and roll the sticky mixture into balls. Dip in a few more chocolate chips and oats or even let some shredded coconut in on the fun and roll a bit more to set the toppings.
That’s it! Below you’ll find the printable recipe card with all the tasty details.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats (for smoother texture) plus extra for rolling
- 1 ½ TBSP honey
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips plus extra for rolling
- ¼-⅓ cup ground flax seed
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Next roll into approximately 12 bite-sized balls. To prevent sticking and help with the rolling process, cover hands with a little coconut oil or avocado oil first. Squeezing the mixture before rolling is also helpful.
- Sprinkle some oats and chocolate chips on a cutting board roll the balls in the mixture. Finish off by rolling again to help the extra toppings set.
- Store PB bites in a lidded container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you get a chance to try these snack-sized peanut butter energy bites, let me know!
You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
These energy bites were so good!! Perfect afternoon snack and my toddler liked them too!
So happy they were a hit! Thanks Liz!
I was looking for a recipe that’s great for on-the-go and busy mornings. These are perfect!
Love them so!