Chocolate Cherry Energy Balls are a delicious larabar chocolate chip cherry torte copycat! Roll them into balls, bites or shape them into energy bars for a healthy no-bake snack with a kiss of chocolate!
I have a teeny bit of a crush on Larabar’s Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte bars.
I mean, they’re okay…
Okay fine; they’re amazing!
In the likely event that I plow through my obscene stockpile, I’ll surely need a back-up bar, right? How about a super-speedy homemade version that can be rolled into bite-sized balls? It’s practically mandatory. It’s also ridiculously quick and easy.
Chocolate Cherry Energy Balls
A Super Tasty Homemade Larabar Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte Copycat
Saving some to snack on later?
Perfect! These are a great make-ahead snack!
They can be stored [tightly wrapped] in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and taste great chilled and the flavors are even more pronounced once thawed to room temperature. Grab a few to go or munch on one or two as a sweet treat after dinner. Either way, you won’t be able to keep your hands off these balls!
I’m not known for maintaining maturity when blogging about globular food, but I’ll sure try!
These balls ROCK!
…well, they do!
I’m still preening like a peacock that these chocolate cherry energy balls came out exactly as I hoped they would on the first try… It’s almost like they were meant to be [in my mouth] by some divine foodie intervention of sorts. Gotta love when that happens!
Make these now. Class dismissed.
Chocolate Cherry Energy Balls
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup sweet chopped dates (4 ounces)
- 1 tsp cherry juice (cranberry juice or water work too)
- 2 fresh cherries pitted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Pulse almonds and walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Next add dates, dried and fresh cherries, cherry juice and salt.
- Pulse your heart out with the food processor until the mixture is well-incorporated and moistened.
- Remove the mixture from the processor, spread onto a piece of wax/parchment paper or cutting board and fold/knead in the chocolate chips.
- Break off a small piece [or large; far be it for me to tell you how big your balls should be!] of deliciousnes and squeeze to set the ingredients.
- Roll into single-serving balls [or shape into bars if you can't eat a ball without snickering] and dig in!
- Leftovers can be stored [tightly wrapped] in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and taste great chilled and the flavors are even more pronounced when thawed to room temperature. Grab a few to go or munch on one or two as a sweet treat after dinner. Either way, you won't be able to keep your hands off these balls!
If you get a chance to try these Chocolate Cherry Energy Balls, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!