This Strawberry Peach Fruit Salad Salsa is deliciously versatile!
It can be enjoyed all on it’s own as a tasty fruit salad, as a delicious topping for grilled seafood or chicken, and as a fresh fruit salsa with cinnamon pita chips.
It’s part salsa, part fruit salad, and 100% delicious!
I went with a small batch serving, which was perfect for out little family of three to snack on one afternoon.
You’ll want to snag half a carton of juicy ripe strawberries (approx. 1/2 pound) and one large, deliciously fragrant peach.
For an easy easy dressing, orange juice, white wine vinegary and a spoonful of sugar are reduced on the stovetop into a delicious glaze. (I’M ADDICTED!!!)
Top it all off with some fresh sliced basil (optional but deeeelish) and get ready to faceplant!
Serve it straight up as a fresh fruit salad.
Add cinnamon sugar dusted tortilla chips or pita chips and dive in salsa-style.
Top grilled fish or chicken for a sweet and savory flavor combo, perfect for a Summer dinner al fresco.
It’s also fantastic as a topping for yogurt bowls with creamy plain or vanilla yogurt and your favorite crunchy granola!
Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
- 2 pitas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each pita into 8 wedges.
In a small bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, sugar, and cinnamon. Brush onto each pita wedge and bake for 10-12 minutes on parchment paper lined baking sheet until nice and crispy. Allow to cool before serving as chips will crisp up more as they cool on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Strawberry Peach Fruit Salad Salsa
Need a bit more? The recipe is crazy easy to double if needed!
I kept things simple, but feel free to add fresh blueberries to the mix if you have some handy! Kiwi would also be a tasty addition as would diced mango. YUM!
Strawberry Peach Fruit Salad Salsa
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 large ripe peach
- 1-2 TBSP fresh chopped/sliced basil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- teeny pinch of salt
- First whip up your dressing. This is a sweet orange vinaigrette that allows the flavor of the fruit to really shine.
- Combine orange juice, sugar, and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 15 minutes until mixture is reduced and thickened into a glaze. The dressing will be pourable but visably thickened. Allow to cool while you chop your fruit.
- Hull straweverries by removing the leafy tops and roughly chop/dice. Remove the pit from the peach and dice. Combine fruit with basil in a bowl and, once dressing has had a few minutes to cool, pour dressing over fruit.
- Enjoy! See notes for some delicoius serving suggestions.
If you get a chance to try strawberry peach fruit salad salsa recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
More Fun + Fruity Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Salsa
- 5-Ingredient Mango Jalapeño Salsa
- Whipped Feta Strawberry Phyllo Cups
- Summery Tropical Fruit Pops
Can you can peach and strawberry salsa
Hi Sally! Canning is on my bucket-list of things to try so I’m not sure how the salsa would work as a canning recipe. Have you canned similar salsas before?
So fresh and delicious! I love making this.
Aww yay! Happy to hear it, Ashley! xo
Absolutely stunning but also delicious on so many different things. I’m most excited to try this on grilled chicken.
So excited for you to try it Lauren! Thanks!