This colorful Corn and Tomato Salad features sweet corn, juicy ripe tomatoes, and cucumber tossed with basil, feta, and a tasty homemade dressing.
This time of year I love to keep a fresh carton of cherry tomatoes and a bag of frozen organic sweet corn on hand at all times.
I pair this dynamic duo with refreshing cucumber, fresh basil from my backyard, creamy crumbled feta, and a speedy homemade dressing made from avocado oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
The combination is so fresh and flavorful!
Corn Salad Ingredients and Swaps
You can steam up frozen corn like I do or snag some fresh corn on the cob and cook it up via your fav method.
As for the tomatoes, feel free to use whatever you have handy! Heirloom, vine-ripened, cherry, grape, and/or Roma tomatoes all work fantastic here!
The fresh basil here really makes this dish shine but in a pinch you could absolutely add a little bit of dried basil to the dressing.
For the Italian seasoning blend, I use my go to Mrs. Dash Italian Blend. The ratio of spices in this seasoning are my FAVORITE and it’s one of my go to spice blends for everything from pasta dishes to dressings to soups! LOVE IT!
As written this corn and tomato salad is gluten-free and vegetarian. If you’d like to make it vegan, feel free to skip the feta. You can add some creamy diced avocado in it’s place if you’d like!
Corn and Tomato Salad
I’m so excited for y’all to try this salad! It’s insanely easy to make and comes together quickly.
In about 13 minutes you can have a delicious side dish to serve with dinner or to bring along to a backyard Barbecue or picnic.
This basil-kissed Corn and Tomato salad makes a fantastic side dish for veggie burgers and/or regular burgers, sandwiches of all shapes and sizes, and always tastes amazing nestled up to a creamy potato salad or pasta salad.
You can also pair it with your favorite protein, as it’s great with grilled chicken, steak, and shrimp. Its equally awesome paired with a plant-based serving of grilled vegetables.
Corn and Tomato Salad with Basil and Feta
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- ½ English (hothouse) cucumber
- 1-2 TBSP fresh chopped basil
- 1//2 cup crumbled feta cheese
SPEEDY LEMON DRESSING
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1.5 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend (I use salt-free Mrs. Dash)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper `
- In bowl or measuring cup, whisk together dressing ingreidents and set aside.
- Steam corn if using frozen. If using fresh corn, cook via your favoite method and remove from cob.
- Halve cherry tomatoes (or dice larger tomatoes) and peel + dice cucumber. Chop or chiffonade fresh basil.
- Combine vegetales, basil, dressing, and feta in a large bowl. Cover and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes, or server at room temperature if preferred. I love it both ways!
- If making in advance, drizzle half the dressing over the salad and chill overnight. Add remaining dressing before servng and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this speedy corn and tomato salad, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
This is a great salad recipe! Pairs so well with so many dishes!
The basil in this corn and tomato salad is sheer perfection! I love this recipe!!
Thank you, Renee!