Craving something sweet? These Mini Key Lime Pies are fun to make and oh so easy too!
A pint-sized version of my family’s favorite pie, these mini key lime pies are downright delicious!
They’re sweet yet oh so tart, relying on a hearty dollop of whipped cream to tame the citrusy bite of lime.
To make things oh so easy, I used pre-made 3-inch graham cracker crusts that were on sale (buy one get one free – whoo!!!!) at my local grocery store.
Feel like making your own crusts? Grab your go-to graham cracker crust recipe and press it into mini tart pans. You may end up with a different number of pies based on size (more for smaller tart pans and less for larger ones) but either way you’ll have mini key lime pies ready for faceplanting! WOOT!
Mini Key Lime Pies
Looking for a full-size key lime pie instead? Try my Father-in-Law’s awesome recipe! It’s essentially the same recipe as below but poured into a standard size graham cracker crust instead of the minis.
Easy peasy *LIME* squeezy!
Enough small talk, these bad boys speak for themselves. Let’s get our recipe on!
Mini Key Lime Pies
- 12 3-inch mini graham cracker crusts (I used Keebler brand)
- 21 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz Nellie and Joe’s Key West Lime Juice
- 1 thinly sliced lime to garnish , optional
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gently mix eggs and condensed milk with a hand mixer.
- Continue to beat on LOW while SLOWLY adding lime juice. Mix until juice has been incorporated into the filling.
- Pour into store-bought mini graham cracker crusts. Keelber makes mini crusts in little foil pie tins and they're super convenient for this recipe!
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Filling will be wiggly and pale. (should not be browned at all) Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack then transfer to fridge for 2-3 hours or until nice and cold. May chill overnight if desired.
- If making the homemade whipped cream, first place the beaters from an electric hand mixer and a large glass or stainless steel bowl in freezer. Keep cream in the fridge until ready to whip.
- After they’ve had time to chill (approx. 10-15 min) add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to your bowl. Start mixing on low speed, then increase the speed to medium-high until soft or stiff peaks form.
- Place bowl in fridge until ready to decorate. Pipe onto the pies using a star tip and piping bag or simply serve a dollop of fresh whipped cream on each mini pie. Thinly sliced lime wedge make a pretty garnish.
If you get a chance to try these key lime pies, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
hungry for more?
Looking for another delicious dessert recipe to try? Around here we are OBSESSED with my easy Homemade Cookie Cake and also make my small batch Pumpkin Cupcakes year-round thanks to canned pumpkin from my local grocery store!
Feeling those fruit Spring and Summer vibes? Whip up this berry-kissed Red White and Blueberry Berry Trifle featuring fresh berries and fluffy pound cake. Delicious!