This copycat Chipotle corn salsa is quick, easy, and crazy delicious! Dive in with tortilla chips or use it to top burritos, tacos, salads, nachos, and more!
Since our nearest Chipotle is a not-so-brisk 90 minute drive away, my burrito bowl loving husband and I have resorted to recreating our fresh-mex favorites at home. Their magical corn salsa is one of our go-tos and you are going to straight up freak when you realize how easy it is to make at home! Not only is it crazy simple and freakishly fast to make, but it’s beyond delicious!
My husband and I can easily devour the entire batch in a matter of minutes. It’s SO good!
It’s also a great make-ahead option for those of you who like to meal prep.
Cue the corn-shaped confetti and jazz hands. WHOOO!
This tasty Chipotle Corn Salsa is great right away and amazing the next day too! Ours never makes it past the third day though because we devour it all like a pair of crazed salsa addicts.
We’ve pretty much decided that all corn from here on out is destined to be used for this dish, my Spicy Southern Hot Corn and Cilantro Lime Edamame Salad from here on out. No more corn dishes need apply! We good!
Chipotle Corn Salsa
This Chipotle copycat rivals the restaurant! Feel free to double, triple, or quadruple as needed to share with family and friends!
Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or on top of burritos, tacos, salads, nachos, fajitas, and so. much. more. It’s great on everything!
Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 12 oz corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 TBSP olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt, plus extra to taste
- Cook corn via your favorite method! You'll want to snag a 12 ounce bag or grab two large ears of corn and remove the kernels with a knife. Steam/microwave if using frozen or sauté fresh kernels in a skillet until tender. Easy peasy!
- Allow corn to cool and combine with onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and green onion. Add lime juice and a tablespoon of your favorite healthy oil (we love using avocado oil here!) then season with salt.
- Toss it all together and chill until ready to eat! It's great right away and even fantastic the following day!
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or on top of all your favorite Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes. It's great on everything!
If you get a chance to try this crazy tasty copycat chipotle corn salsa, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation!