The easiest way to make pizza for 1-2 people? Flatbreads! These BBQ Hawaiian Flatbread Pizzas are quick, easy, and totally delicious!
Today we’re talking about pizza, folks.
Super speedy, slap-it-on-a-flatbread-and-call-it-a-day pizza.
Is that not the best kind? I think so!
If you’ve poked around this little blog of mine before, you’ve probably noticed that I have a wee bit of an obsession with all things easy and cheesy. I also LOVE taking something as simple as naan or pita bread and turning it into a personal pizza. When I’m all out of bell peppers for my infamous BP Pizzas this is totally my next course of action.
Love. It. So.
Let’s skip delivery, ditch the frozen pie, and grab some fluffy flatbread… it’s pizza time!
BBQ Hawaiian Flatbread Pizzas
This tasty recipe features fluffy naan (or pita bread!) topped with tangy barbecue sauce, melted cheese, juicy pineapple, with a little thin-sliced ham and crispy bacon for good measure. De. Lish.
BBQ Hawaiian Flatbread Pizzas
These BBQ Hawaiian Flatbread Pizzas are quick, easy, and totally delicious!
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1 cup havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4-5 chunks of fresh pineapple sliced/diced
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 2 slices deli ham
- parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Spritz naan with olive oil and bake on a baking sheet for 5-8 min until edges are golden.
- For extra-crispy crust place flatbread directly on rack.
- Top pizza with a mountain of the above toppings, sauce first, and bake on a baking sheet for 8-12 minutes or until hot and melty.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top for a burst of color and dig in!
I was out of spinach when I made these but OHMYGOSH if you have fresh spinach, add it! I'll give you 5000 bonus points and a gold star for adding a veggie to this tasty little pizza!
Sautéed onion would also make a fantastic addition!
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
See post below for swaps + special diets.
special diets + swaps
- t-rex chefs: This one’s for you! (you totally have my husband to thank here ?)
- vegansaurus + brontosaurus chefs: You can 110% take the BBQ pineapple theme of this pizza and run with it! Use your favorite smoky sweet barbecue sauce as the base and pile this pizza high with fresh juicy pineapple and grilled peppers, onions, + even portobello mushrooms. Have fun with it!
- gluten-free chefs: Swap the naan flatbread for your favorite GF crust! Use anything from a crispy homemade zucchini or cauliflower crust to pre-packaged gluten-free crusts.
so . . . how was it?!
My t-rex of a husband pretty much adored me for this one! I made both my Hawaiian Bell Pepper Pizzas and these tasty BBQ Hawaiian Flatbread Pizzas in the same day and the amount of food this man put down was ridiculous! I expected to have lots of leftovers but, between the two of us, both recipes were gone in a day!
I almost managed to score next-day leftovers, but when the pilot strolled back in at midnight he scarfed the remaining pizza and left me with crumbs. Luckily both are so stinkin’ quick and easy to make they can make repeat appearances with next to no effort. Score!
As for moi, I basically never want to have Hawaiian pizza without some sort of smoky-sweet barbecue sauce situation involved ever again. Holy deliciousness, batman! The pairing is just so super tasty together, you guys have got to try it!