Kick up the classic cobb salad with a Mediterranean twist! This Greek Cobb Salad is loaded with flavor and makes a great healthy lunch at home or on the go.
It’s only May and I’ve already reached the point where all I want to each is chilled foods. Fresh-from-the-fridge cucumber slices, icy oysters on the half shell, frozen fruit pops, and salads. All. The. Salads.
I can’t even imagine how things are going to be once it’s approximately 50000 degrees in Florida (a likely guesstimate, I’m sure!). By then I’ll probably want to live off of nothing but ice cubes.
Kidding!!! I love food way too much, y’all know that! Besides, knowing me I’ll probably crave something random like baked spaghetti on the absolute hottest day of the year. That’s why they invented AC right?
Anywho! The salad train is still making it’s rounds through my kitchen and I have a delicious new combo you’ve got to try: a classic cobb salad with a delicious Mediterranean twist! It was inspired by my tasty Quinoa Tabbouleh and completely rocked my afternoon lunch game.
Greek Cobb Salad
You can sass things up with crumbled bacon if you can’t imagine your cobb salad without it, but I skipped cooking entirely. Well, unless you count the 15 minute pressure cooker chicken breast I threw together in record time… which is almost too easy to merit the title of cooking!
I’ll be back to profess my love for my Instant Pot with a few pressure cooker recipes for ya super soon, but until then, let’s get our salad on!
You can easily use leftover or store bought rotisserie chicken as well, which are both a great way to avoid your oven or grill on a busy day. You can also use this salad suggestion as a canvas for any and all leftovers chilling in your fridge. Snag that half-eaten container of hummus and that stray tomato and sass up this salad with any of your favorite add-ins!
Vegetarian? Skip the chicken and add some fresh sliced tomatoes and olives. Done deal!
Greek Cobb Salad
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups lettuce plus extra as desired
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 english cucumber (chopped or sliced)
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup tabbouleh (optional but delicious)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced or diced
- 3-4 oz crumbled feta
- 1 TBSP parsley optional garnish
CLASSIC GREEK DRESSING
CREAMY GREEK DRESSING
all of the above dressing ingredients plus:
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP water
CLASSIC GREEK DRESSING:
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and allow to sit while you make your salad.
- Whisk once more before serving if contents have settled.
- Yields 1/3 cup dressing
CREAMY GREEK DRESSING:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning/feta to taste.
- Yields 3/4 cup dressing
FOR THE SALAD:
- Lay down a base of lettuce and top with rows of your veggies, protein, and feta.
- Toss together with your choice of dressing and dig in!
If you get a chance to try this Greek Cobb Salad reci, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation! I can’t wait to see what you whip up!