Oh yes, I went there.
36 Recipes to Fuel Your Sriracha Obsession
Sriracha (pronounced see-rotch-ah) is easily argued to be king of the hot sauces by foodies and hipsters alike. Despite its trendiness, you don’t need to be a food snob to appreciate the zesty kick-in-the-mouth that this sauce provides because, let’s face it, no one wants to eat bland food! Sriracha’s spicy-sweet flavor gives it a leg up on the competition with a little help from its garlicky undertones and vibrant hue. Add a little for a manageable zing, or spice things up by putting Sriracha on your Sriracha on your Sriracha.
I like to take the middle ground and add just enough to have me fanning my face while diving in for another bite. I still want to actually taste my food, but a mild spice-induced assault to the tastebuds every few bites is a welcome experience.
I’m not even slightly exaggerating when I say that researching recipes for this post made me want to lick my screen! The Sriracha love was everywhere and I couldn’t wait to try them all! Here are a few of my favorites:
With everything from sauces to sides to main dishes, these vegan recipes are ready to kick things up a notch with help from a fiery drizzle of Sriracha. Add a little, or a lot!
1. Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Tofu :: It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
2. Quinoa Black Bean Bowls with Blood Orange Sriracha Vinaigrette :: Eating Bird Food
3. Quinoa “Fried” Rice :: Hummusapien
4. Sriracha Snap Peas :: Oh My Veggies
5. Sriracha Lime Chickpeas :: The Healthy Maven
6. Sweet Potato Fries with Sriracha Ketchup :: The Lemon Bowl
Sriracha Ketchup, by the way, has absolutely changed my life! Seriously! I put it on absolutely everything lately. It can be whipped up with your favorite from-scratch recipe [a perfectly delicious use for an abundance of garden tomatoes!] or simply swirled into your go-to brand of ketchup! I think I need to start carrying around a Sriracha Keychain so I can spike ALL THE KETCHUP!!!
These sassy Sriracha dishes are gloriously vegetarian and full of flavor!
7. Honey Sriracha Hummus :: With Salt and Wit
8. Honey Lime Sriracha Cauliflower :: Cupcakes and Kale Chips
9. Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Cheese Ball :: Frugal Foodie Mama
10. Sriracha Bourbon Barbecue Sauce :: Barefeet in the Kitchen
11. 10 Minute Sriracha Spinach :: Eat Healthy Eat Happy
12. Sriracha Chex Mix :: My Bacon Wrapped Life
Now that my veggie-loving friends are covered, let’s toss a little Sriracha lovin’ at the carnivores in the group! The sweet, spicy, garlicky flavor profile of this hot sauce compliments nearly everything! Jazz up tried and true weeknight favorite with a little help from this addictive sauce!
13. Apple Brie Grilled Cheese with Sriracha Butter :: The Endless Meal
14. Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs :: Back to Her Roots
15. PF Changs Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps :: An Edible Mosaic
16. Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup :: A Cedar Spoon
17. 20-Minute Spicy Sriracha Ramen :: Baker by Nature
18. Sriracha Lime Chicken :: Running to the Kitchen
19. Zoodles with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce :: The Lean Green Bean
20. Honey Sriracha Glazed Chicken Bites :: Foodie with Family
21. Garlic and Black Pepper Burgers with Sriracha Slaw :: Life’s Ambrosia
22. Paleo Orange Chicken :: Fake Ginger
and then I fell down the rabbit hole into a sriracha popcorn-palooza…
23. Sriracha Popcorn :: Around My Family Table
24. Maple Sriracha Popcorn :: Style Me Pretty
25. Sriracha Coconut Popcorn :: Reclaiming Provincial
26. Siracha Caramel Corn :: Tammilee Tips
27. Sriracha Honey Popcorn Clusters :: Heather Christo
I should fall down that rabbit hole more often. Fresh-popped popcorn is the BEST!
The chickpea has developed a wee bit of an obsession with helping me make it, and will do a little popcorn dance in the kitchen to help convince me to break out the popping corn. As if I needed convincing!
Lastly, let’s delve into the Peas and Crayons arsenal for a few more tasty uses for your beloved bottle of Sriracha. These dishes are spiked with a spoonful (or three!) of zesty Sriracha chili sauce and plate-licking good!
So… what are you waiting for!? Grab a bottle of rooster sauce and meet me in the kitchen!