This fiesta-fied mexican tortellini casserole can be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled to feed your crew without the slightest extra effort. After whipping it up on the fly for lunch one day I knew I had to deliver this bad boy to you guys ASAP! It’s easy to make, even easier to customize, and just plain delicious!
I can’t deprive you of this recipe a second longer so, instead of rambling and making you wait for the goods, lets dive on into the dish and then chat after! You’re welcome.
Mexican Tortellini Casserole
- 4 cups fresh tortellini
- 1 cup [or more!] red enchilada sauce
- 4 oz cheese, grated
- tasty toppings :: choose your favorites!
- diced tomatoes
- diced bell pepper or jalapeño [or both!]
- fresh cilantro
- baby arugula
- a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream
- pico de gallo
- mexican hot sauce
- Feeling cheesy? I used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella to top my tortellini, but feel free to use your favorites! A Mexican blend of cheeses would be great and as a combination of pepper jack and cheddar would rock too. Have fun with it!
- Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini via package instructions.
- In a small baking dish, coming tortellini with enchilada sauce and stir to coat.
- Top with a hearty sprinkling of grated cheese and bake on center rack for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- While the tortellini bakes, chop your veggies + toppings and set aside.
- Once the pasta is ready to be scarfed, remove from oven and plate. Top with a mountain of all your favorite toppings! You can even set them out taco-bar style and customize it as you go! I love mine with fresh cilantro and homemade pico de gallo!
vegansaurus chefs: I’ve got your back! You’ll love topping your favorite pasta variety with zesty enchilada sauce and a pile of fresh ingredients. Simply skip the cheeses and add extra pico, guac, and cilantro to the mix! Yum!
Yes! Seriously! It’s THAT easy!
Did you just do a backflip? Add it into your weekly recipe rotation? Update your grocery list? Did you in fact do a second backflip? A cartwheel even?!
so . . . how was it?!
Awesome! How is this not a thing!? I’ve had my fair share of tortellini dishes before, but they’ve mainly been in soup and salad form. This crazy casserole was just what I needed to jazz up a rainy day! I know some of you may be shaking your heads at me over the pairing of enchilada sauce with pasta but ohmygosh you’ve got to try it! I’ve been obsessed with the combo ever since I made this fiesta enchilada pasta and for good reason too. It’s easy cheesy comfort food with a kick!
Hurry up and get in the kitchen so you can experience the magic of mexican tortellini, then you’ll really be doing those cartwheels you promised me.