Creamy Mushroom Brie White Bean Soup is a delicious way to warm up on a cold day!
So I’m even more hopelessly tech challenged than I originally thought because I’m having permalink problems with a few of my favorite posts.
I’ve been troubleshooting for a few weeks and totally utterly give up. I’m sucking it up and re-posting the recipe so it doesn’t vanish into some weird cyber black hole never to return again.
The post itself is gloriously out of context but the soup? The soup is gooooood!
If you’ve been reading along for a while, you know this soup definitely happy-dance worthy!
If you haven’t been reading you should probably go sit in the corner. I’ll be in the other corner continuing my happy dance.
Love. This. Soup!
Though by normal standards it may make 4 servings… P and I split the pot and called it a day. The funny part was that I was in utter denial over finishing the soup in a sitting. Surely there were leftovers! I must have dreamt of them because when I raided the fridge the following day looking for leftovers, I came up empty handed. I need to buy more mushrooms. And Brie. Oh brie!
Today’s recipe remix is a thicker, creamier, protein-packed version of the Mushroom Brie Soup I posted last month. I think the pilot and the amazon both scoffed when they learned that I’d be adding beans to the soup. You might be scoffing too! I, however, am smiling because not only did it work, its freaking delicious too! *cue yet another obnoxious happy dance*
Creamy Mushroom Brie White Bean Soup
This particular recipe resulted in a happy dance, bowl lickage, and a few texts informing the bestie of my intentions to wed this soup.
You clearly must make it too!
Creamy Mushroom Brie White Bean Soup
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz baby bella portobella mushrooms sliced
- 15 oz can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4-8 oz brie cheese (rind removed)
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream, half and half, or whole milk
- 1-2 TBSP your favorite healthy oil
- 2 TBSP cream cheese (room temperature or melted)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 2 cranks of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of parsley and red pepper flakes to taste
- Drizzle a little olive/avocado/coconut oil at the bottom of a large pot/pan and saute mushrooms until tender, adding the minced garlic towards the end.
- While that’s cooking, add your white beans and onion to a pot with veggie stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and add a bay leaf, 1/4 tsp of salt, a crank or two of black pepper, 1/4 tsp of basil and a pinch of red pepper flakes [optional] and simmer for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the flavors have had some time to mingle, remove the bay leaf and puree the beans/broth [in batches if needed!] with an immersion blender [or a vitamix-type blender] until the beans are creamy and perfectly smooth.
- Return to the pot and add your sauteed mushrooms and garlic along with the basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to simmer along with your soup.
- Next grab your dairy.
- All I had on hand was some coconut milk creamer [thickened, unsweetened coconut cream] so I added a little cream cheese to add extra creaminess to the broth. If you’re using half and half or heavy cream you can skip the cream cheese. [or go nuts and add both – up to you!]
- Reduce heat so it’s at the lowest setting and stir in your dairy of choice. I added the thickened coconut milk and cream cheese this time.
- Remove pot from heat entirely and stir in your cubed brie, stirring constantly as it melts.
- Taste test, adjust brie and seasonings as desired and serve alongside some crusty garlic bread for a filling and flavorful lunch or dinner! It also makes a great starter to any meal; simply serve up smaller bowls!
So I think after I get one or two final soup recipes out of my system, I’m going to return to my adventures in baking!
I also have a few healthy veggie side dishes and entrees that I’ve been recipe testing and I may or may not a bit of good news that I will reveal the second it’s unjinxable. Let’s pretend that’s a real word.
Along with fanfreakingtastic…. As in, I hope you had a fanfreakingtasting weekend and are ready to kick this week’s butt!
And eat your veggies.
hungry for more?
If you get a chance to try this creamy mushroom brie white bean soup recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!