Putting my mortifying level of cheesiness aside, I had to go there! This has been my hands-down favorite snack/appetizer/snacketizer/whatevertizer to whip up when I have last minute company. Though lezzbehonest, most of the time I have enough notice but wind up reading blogs, snuggling chickpeas, washing sippy cups, attempting to tame my frizz-bomb of a mane, finding yogurt or avocado or some unacceptable substance in the aforementioned mane and playing the do I really have to wash my hair? game while attempting to clothe myself and OMG-WHAT-AM-I-GOING-TO-FEED-THESE-PEOPLE!?
Of course it doesn’t always go down quite like that. Sometimes I make this with nothing more than the intent to shovel it into my face. There may only be 2.5 of us living in this house, but a tub of hummus is a one day affair over here. The second it’s opened, it’s a mere hour or so from utter annihilation. Fancifying it simply slows us down a little.Why yes, I do use toppings as obstacles to slow me down. Why no, it doesn’t work one bit. I still eat faster than the Cookie Monster.mmm… cookies. I should make us some… Until then, we hummus!
Hummus Remix: Perfect Party Hummus… in a Hurry!
- 1 tub of your favorite hummus
- 2-3 TBSP diced cucumber
- 2-3 TBSP diced tomato
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBSP minced red onion
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- a hearty drizzle of balsamic reduction or glaze
- sliced cucumber, carrots, bell pepper slices, + pita chips for dipping
- Of course if you're chilling at home with some chickpeas [yours, not mine] then feel free to whip up a bowl of yummy homemade hummus! Same goes for the glaze, you can purchase a bottle at your favorite grocery store or simply reduce your favorite balsamic vinegar over medium heat in a saucepan , stirring occasionally, until it thickens into a yummy reduction.
- Get ready to tackle that party prep to-do list because your easy appetizer pretty much just walked into the kitchen and made itself!
- Chop the veggies and herbs and pile onto hummus.
- Crumble your feta on top and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Surround with an array of crunchy pita chips and veggies. Because, duh.
And in case you’re wondering, I made us cookies too!
I promise to save you a few crumbs.
Recipe coming soon, ’cause I’m a total tease and like to leave at least one of you licking your screen.
“The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!”