You’ll flip over this quick, easy, and delicious Broccoli and Cheddar Four-Cheese Pizza! Use your favorite crust recipe or grab some fluffy naan flatbread for the speediest of shortcuts.
Since writing last month’s pizza post I’ve had pizza on the brain which, as you know, directly translates into pizza in the face. It’s just how I operate. Now, for someone who eats pizza as often as I do, you’d think I’d have a go-to ‘za and stick to it. Nope. Niet. Not a chance. Can’t do it. I have to make a different one every single time, even if it’s just a tweak or two, it absolutely cannot be the same pizza I shoved in my mouth the week prior.
Crap did I really just write ‘za in a blog post? First calci-yum and now THIS? I’ve got to stop hanging around my husband; he’s hijacking my vocabulary.
Speaking of which, we really have own language of sorts. It’s childish and ridiculous and one of my most favorite things ever. Life is far too messy to be taken seriously. The bestie and I have our own language as well; it’s just a tad bit more… er… colorful.
Oh hi recipe post! Food blog! Back on track, you!
:: pin it for later ::
You guys have got to start laying down the law when it comes to my behavior. Otherwise the tangents will never stop and we’ll be talking about puppy dogs and jorts before you know it. Oh gosh tell me I’m not the only one now picturing a puppy in jorts! The cuteness! I’m hopeless.
Long story short, my peeps at Cabot sent me a recipe booklet with all sorts of cheesy goodness and their Hot Broccoli Cheddar Dip inspired me to leap into the kitchen. I had naan. I had cheese. Now I have pizza! You can have pizza too! The end.
This whole ordeal would have been much more quick and to the point if I hadn’t had that second cup of coffee. You should see me after a third! Woof!
Broccoli and Cheddar Four-Cheese Pizza for Two
Broccoli and Cheddar Four-Cheese Pizza
- 2 fluffy naan flatbreads
- 2 TBSP melted butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 + 1/2 cups [total] grated cheddar, Gouda, and Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
- get cooking!
- Set your oven or toaster oven around 350F. Melt butter with fresh minced garlic, parsley and basil and spread onto the naan. Bake for around 8-10 minutes straight on the rack until lightly golden with a fluffy center.
- Chop the florets from the raw broccoli until it looks more like confetti and less like baby trees. I suppose you should also pretend that's technical cooking terminology. Either blanch or steam the florets until bright green and tender. As a shortcut, I filled a bowl with the florets, poured boiling water from my Keurig over the broccoli and then waited a few minutes before draining with a mesh strainer. You haven't really lived until you've cooked broccoli with a coffee pot.
- After draining the water from the florets, return to the bowl and add cheddar, Gouda and Parmesan cheeses. Spread on the garlicky baked naan and top with crumbled feta. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and melty perfection is reached. Slice and serve!
I think I just fell even more hopelessly in love with broccoli.
Try this Broccoli and Cheddar Four-Cheese Pizza Flatbread today!