Put this on EVERYTHING.
Crackers. Croissants. Celery. Sandwiches. Your sneakers. Apple slices. That bill you don’t quite feel like paying. Toast. Bagels. Your face. All. The. Things.
I won’t even distract you with a funny story today. This dip/spread/bowl-of-heaven deserves your undivided attention. No one will know you were simply trying to pawn off your Thanksgiving leftovers by making this fancy schmear. They’ll think you slaved away in your kitchen developing culinary perfection just for them. You’ll be applauded for your efforts. Parades will be thrown in your honor. Or you’ll simply get a pat on the back.
I’ll know your secret though. Heck, I am your secret. It’s okay. I totally know how this works. Just be sure to say thank you by coming over and doing the dishes.
Cinnamon Walnut Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
[long name... quick recipe!]
- 4 ounces regular or neufchatel cream cheese
- 4 TBSP leftover cranberry sauce [try this one]
- 2-3 TBSP chopped baking walnuts [minced or left chunky!]
- 1 TBSP honey [use a little... or a lot!]
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- Combine with a few heaping spoonfuls of leftover cranberry sauce.
- Next fold in chopped walnuts [optional, but beyond delicious!] and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of honey into the mixture and stir. Simple and deeeeelicious.
- Rather not wait for the cream cheese to soften? Break out your food processor and whip the cream cheese, cinnamon and honey to perfection before adding your sauce. Then fold in the minced walnuts Just be sure to unplug the food processor before trying to lick it clean. You're welcome.
- Serve this heavenly spread at room temperature with sliced green apple, whole grain crackers, and crunchy celery sticks. Or just go crazy and spread it on everything in sight.
so… how was it? If you’ve read this far, you know it’s amazing. Legendary even. Dare I say it will delight your tastebuds with sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns? I rest my case.
This met approval from the hubs, our friends, and the fam. In fact, I had to make three batches to keep up with the rate at which they were shoveling this into their faces. Three! So click the print button and get your butt in the kitchen. Mwah!
PS: This makes the best thanksgiving leftover sandwich of freaking life. Do it. You’ll thank me later =)