This tasty list of ramen toppings will help you customize the most delicious bowl of homemade ramen! With vegan, vegetarian, and t-rex options – there’s something for everyone here!
This post is totally overdue.
With over a dozen ramen recipes and counting, I’m here today to share this epic collection of ramen toppings and ideas to help you create the ramen of your dreams!
Was that a tad dramatic? All is fair in love and ramen!
ROCKIN’ RAMEN TOPPINGS
When it comes to toppings and veggie mix-ins, the possibilities are endless! Choose your favorites and mix and match for a tasty custom ramen bowl.
Saucy Toppings for Ramen
Let’s get saucy! These are my go-to sauces for ramen. I play favorites and use the garlic chili oil and garlic chili sauce on nearly every ramen recipe I whip up.
- garlic chili sauce
- spicy garlic chili oil (recipe below)
- toasted sesame oil
- low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- liquid aminos
- hot honey
- hot sauce
Garlic Chili Oil Recipe
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP crushed red chili flakes
A neutral oil works best here, but if you prefer a kiss of smoky sesame flavor, feel free to replace some of the avocado oil with sesame oil. It’s delicious!
- Add crushed red chili flakes to a small heat-safe bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add thinly sliced garlic and pan fry, stirring often, until garlic is just beginning to turn golden.
- Stir in sesame seeds and cook an additional 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Carefully transfer mixture to the chili pepper bowl. Mix well and allow to cool.
Ramen Protein Options
Below are a mix of vegan, vegetarian, and T-Rex topping options for your ramen bowls:
- soft boiled eggs
- edamame (cooked + shelled)
- bean sprouts
Vegetable Toppings for Ramen
Bring on the veggies! These are some of the most common vegetables paired with ramen noodles. Mix and match your favorites and don’t be afraid to load ’em up!
I like to add a mix of cooked and raw vegetables for added texture. Some of the veggies cook quick in the hot broth so you end up with a lovely al-dente texture.
- thinly sliced carrots
- sliced or spiralized zucchini
- snow peas or snap peas
- baby bok choy
- thinly sliced jalapeño
- shredded cabbage
- pickled vegetables
Ramen Seasoning Toppings
There are so many tasty seasoning elements that you can add to ramen! Fresh herbs, toasty sesame seeds, and zesty spice blends are among the most popular additions. Here are a few tasty options to get you started!
- fresh cilantro
- sliced green onion (scallions)
- garlic (fried or sautéed)
- toasted sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- crushed chili flakes
- sliced nori
To get you started, here are a few of my all-time favorite ramen recipes. I make these ramen bowls on a regular basis and they’re so easy to customize based on what toppings and ingredients you have on hand.
Let me know if you get a chance to try any of them!
Even More Ramen Recipes
- Sriracha Shrimp Ramen Noodle Soup
- Vegan Ramen Bowls with Edamame and Mushrooms
- Kimchi Ramen via Sarcastic Cooking
- Simple Top Ramen via The Diva Dish
- Chili Garlic Ramen
- Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles
If you get a chance to try a fun new combination of ramen toppings, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your marvelous creation. I can’t wait to see your ramen bowls!