This Shrimp Stir Fry is paired with saucy ramen noodles and fresh stir fried veggies for a take-out inspired dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes! Woot!
This shrimp stir fry recipe is saucy, scrumptious, and speedy too!
Seriously though, this recipe is one of those “print now and make ASAP” sort of ordeals.
Though it could technically yield 4 typical servings, Paul and I agreed that two ginormous portions were perfect for us for dinner! We downed the entire pan, plus noodles, in record time and already have it on the menu again for next week!
I regret nothing.
Saucy Shrimp Stir Fry with Ramen Noodles
I’m so crazy excited for you guys to try this recipe!
The sauce is this magical blend of soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and garlic with a little kiss of lemon juice to brighten things up.
I like to add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes into the sweet, sticky sauce to give it some heat, as well as some Sriracha chili sauce or garlic chili sauce. Give me all the spicy things!
You can choose between mild and spicy here by either skipping it entirely or adding extra!
It’s beyond perfect for slathering over shrimp and veggies!
You can keep the sauce thin or add a little cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) to thicken it up into a sticky take-out style sauce.
Stir Fry Serving Suggestions
The saucy stir-fried shrimp and vegetables basically serve as a main dish and side dish in one.
To round out the meal even further I like to toss the stir fry and sauce with some curly ramen noodles. It’s total comfort food and tastes like fancy takeout!
When I’m not using ramen noodles, I absolutely love this shrimp and vegetable stir fry served with fluffy white rice You could also serve it with brown rice, fried rice, or even Quinoa Fried Rice.
Cauliflower Rice also makes an excellent pairing. You can even add extra vegetables to the mix!
Now that we’ve covered all the bases of ingredients, heat level, and serving suggestions… let’s get our stir fry on!
Shrimp Stir Fry with Ramen Noodles
I’ve made this recipe several times now for busy weeknight dinners. It’s like having fancy take-out in a fraction of the time!
It’s also gloriously meal prep friendly so feel free to double the recipe with leftovers in mind or make it in advance. It can be reheated in the microwave or on a skillet!
Shrimp Stir Fry with Ramen Noodles
- Clean and peel fresh raw shrimp. Thaw first if using frozen. Tails may be left on or off based on preference. Any size works here; simply adjust cook time to compliement shrimp size.
- Prep veggies. I always suggest slicing carrots and bell peppers thin for faster cooking, and also chopping broccoli into small bites. Snow peas can be kept whole or cut in half.
- Next mix up the sauce. Combine minced garlic with lemon juice, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk and set aside. In a small separate bowl, stir together corn starch and water.
- Now that the prepwork is done, this dish will come togehter quick!
- Cook noodles via package instructions in boiling water, approx. 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet to medium-high heat with sesame oil. Add veggies and stir fry for 2 minutes for still-crisp veggies or a few extra minutes for more tender vegetables.
- Add shrimp to the vegetables. Add sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are visibly opaque/curled and cooked through. Add corn starch and cook for an additional minute to thicken the sauce. Alternatively, if your pan seems a bit crowded, the shrimp can be cooked on their own in a separate skillet then added to the dish at the end.
- Add ramen noodles and mix well. Adjust spices/sauce to taste if needed. Top with chopped green onion and drizzle with sriracha or chili sauce if desired <— always a must for me! Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this saucy shrimp stir fry recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!