These sweet Pumpkin Cornbread muffins are a total game changer; fluffy and flavorful with a kiss of pumpkin spice goodness in every bite!
THESE. MUFFINS. RIGHT. HERE.
They’re out of this world delicious!
The combination of flour and cornmeal gives them a fluffy, tender crumb while still packing in some serious cornbread flavor.
Since I love a good sweet cornbread, the addition of pumpkin and a generous sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice mix packs these pretties with oodles of flavor.
They’re the ultimate Fall muffin!
Snapping photos of these beauts was almost impossible since I had a teeny tiny little assistant (aka my kiddo) standing over the tray stealing muffins.
I may have been doing the same. They are next to impossible to resist!
I could ramble on about how you need to make them right MEOW but I think if you’ve tried my muffin recipes before you know these are a stop, drop, and run to the kitchen sort of ordeal.
Let’s get our muffin on!
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
The recipe below yields a dozen fluffy pumpkin cornbread muffins.
For a soft exterior, bake muffins in paper/parchment liners or lightly grease a muffin tin and place on top of a baking sheet in the oven to prevent the bottoms from browning. <– love this nifty little trick!
Feel free to serve muffins with honey, butter, or a combination of both. (SWOON!) They’re also fabulous straight up without a single thing on them.
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep 12-cup muffin tray by lining with paper/parchment liners or rubbing with butter.
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, and vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice blend, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium-large pot or skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once butter has just melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar with a metal whisk. Whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in milk mixture.
- Next, add your eggs and briskly whisk until well incorporated.
- Lastly, add your cornmeal mixture. Whisk/stir until very few lumps remain.
- Pour batter into muffin tray. For muffins with a soft exterior, bake in paper/parchment liners or lightly grease a muffin tin and place on top of a baking sheet in the oven to prevent the bottoms from browning. <– love this nifty little trick!
- Bake at 350°F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Carefully remove from muffin tray (feel free to wait a minute or two if you need to) and cool on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try these pumpkin cornbread muffins, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!