This easy, cheesy appetizer will add a burst of color, and a whole lot of deliciousness, to your holiday table!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, my muse for all things nutty!
To me, appetizers are often more exciting than the main event. Entrees are great and dessert is just peachy, but to me the fun really lies in the pre-meal nosh.
At holiday gatherings, where everything from appetizers to desserts is in wondrous abundance, I’m often left with a choice to make. Do I fill up on appetizers? Beeline for the sweet stuff? Save room for roast turkey or ham?
Trick question!!! It’s all about the apps!
When I’m hosting a shindig, I always always always like to have some sort of cheese spread situation on hand. It feels far more civilized than noshing on a plate full of cubed cheese and is way less hazardous than a communal dip.
Double-dipping is not an option people. I repeat: not. an. option.
This super simple cheese spread fits the bill. It’s creamy, cheesy, sweet, and salty… perfecto!
I have a total weakness for pairing creamy goat cheese with sweet sticky preserves and toasty almonds, and it’s downright heavenly spread on crackers, bagel chips, fresh apple and pear slices, and flaky croissants.
As an added bonus, it only takes MINUTES to make! Let’s do this!
Honey, Apricot, and Almond Goat Cheese Spread
- 8 oz goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds
- 4-5 dried apricots, chopped
- 2-3 tsp fresh parsley or basil, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup apricot preserves
- honey, for drizzling
- serve with:
- an assortment of crackers
- fresh sliced granny smith apple
- NOTE: I tried this app with both the honey roasted almonds and the lightly salted almonds and adored them both! Feel free to use whichever you have on hand!
- Remove goat cheese from protective packaging and soften to room temperature.
- Spread fresh preserves on a cheese tray or serving platter.
- Place your almonds in a bag or between two sheets of paper towel and crush using a blunt object, like a glass olive oil bottle.
- Next chop your apricots and mix together along with parsley.
- Roll your goat cheese in the mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Set the goat cheese log atop the preserves and surround with crackers and fresh fruit.
- Finish it off with a hearty drizzle of honey + you're good to go!
No apricots? No problem! Try this uber easy appetizer with fig preserves instead; it's equally amazing!
more craveable cheese topping combos:
cranberry sauce (or jam!) + dried cranberries + lightly salted almonds
fig preserves + golden raisins + honey roasted almonds
lightly salted almonds + crispy bacon + chopped green onion
If by some miracle you have a little leftover, it tastes absolutely divine spread on a toasted bagel or flakey bakery croissant the next morning with extra honey. Delicious!
Big thanks to Blue Diamond Almonds for their continued support of this tasty little food blog of mine and helping me create recipes I adore with a product that’s been a pantry staple of ours for ages! And also for making honey roasted almonds… holy cow those are delicious! Annnnnd thank YOU for stopping by to hang out with me, chatting it up on social media, and making my recipes. It always makes my day!