I think I found another way to get you to eat your veggies. In fact, I know it. I’ll even give you bonus points if you would be so bold as to spread this on other veggies and revel at just how awesome you are. Crackers and crusty baguettes are also allowed in on the fun. In fact, just make an epic snack plate out of this and call it lunch; it’s far to hot to cook today.
Creamy Cilantro Herb and Veggie Spread
8 minPrep Time
8 minTotal Time
- 4oz of cream cheese [regular or 1/3 fat] softened
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, raw or roasted [I always opt for raw; it packs a punch!]
- oodles of fresh cilantro, tops only
- a few stalks of green onion
- fresh carrots + celery [start with just a little and add as you go!]
- season with a pinch of salt and an optional crank of black pepper or red pepper flakes
- This spread is also amazing with a bevvy of other veggies thrown into the mix: radish, onion, bell peppers, broccoli... basically anything that it's eyes at you from that crisper drawer of yours! Though if it actually bats eyes at you... you might want to run. Fast.
- Toss everything in a food processor and pulse to perfection!
- You can easily make this sans-technology by mincing or shredding the veggies [all you'll need is a knife or a box grater!] and chopping the herbs.
- Yup that's it! Now go spread it on everything in sight!
so… how was it? Knock your socks off flavorful! I can’t fathom serving up bland dips or spreads and this one packs a punch! The combination of fresh cilantro, garlic and veggies is a total winner and stands up to everything from hearty whole grain crackers to mountain-high sandwiches [and wraps!] piled with produce.