Hot Corn Dip with Shrimp and Veggies – this easy cheesy dip is ready to rock your next party or potluck!
I’m trying really hard not to freak out right now but…
I played mad scientist in the kitchen the other day and got my fusion on with two of my most favorite dips on the planet. The results were clearly cause for celebration. A little baked shrimp dip here a little hot corn there and… POW! Instant high five to the tastebuds!
I could go on with some ridiculous tirade *BUT* we’re skipping all that story nonsense and getting right down to the recipe today. You game?
Let’s do this!
Hot Corn Dip with Shrimp and Veggies
This dip is DI-VINE! If you’ve already tried my shrimp and corn dips before then you probably already hit print on this post and threw yourself in the car to hit up the grocery store for any missing ingredients you may need. If you haven’t tried either, you totally need to. Your tastebuds won’t know what hit ’em!
This seafoodmstudded hot corn dip is utterly luscious, packed with a medley of cheeses and topped with even more for good measure (I don’t half @$% anything around here!) so grab your favorite dippers and get ready to get dowwwwwwwn on some cheesy goodness! Because I’d like to have some self respect at the end of the day, there are also veggies in this dip. I added 2 cups in the dip itself with an optional 1/2 cup of veg for topping because vibrant veggies are my most favorite garnish of all.
Why am I still rambling? To the grocery store! You need to make this dip right meow!
:: in a rush? pin it for later ::
Hot Corn Dip with Shrimp and Veggies
Yield 8-10 servings
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup mexicorn (make your own with fresh/frozen corn and diced red + green bell peppers)
- 2 jalapeno peppers or 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped onion
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup milk (greek yogurt works too)
- 2 oz cream cheese (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan, extra to taste
TASTY TOPPINGS: pick + choose your favorites!
- fresh chopped tomatoes
- chopped green onion
- sliced or minced jalapeños (seeds and stem removed)
- crumbled bacon
- red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley
pita chips, torn baguette or crostini, soft pita wedges, thick-cut tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, halved sweet mini peppers, cucumber slices, etc...
No skillet? No problem! You can also make this in an oven-safe stainless pan, transfer to a baking or casserole dish, or even just make it stove-top without turning on your oven at all. For a melty layer of cheese on top (my favorite!) opt for the oven treatment.
- For this recipe, any size shrimp will do. Prep shrimp as needed by defrosting (if frozen), cleaning, peeling and deveining your shrimp. You can also pick up pre-prepped shrimp if desired.
- Measure out all remaining ingredients and set aside, this dip comes together quickly!
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika and mix well. This spice blend rocks my socks!
- Heat a cast iron skillet on your stove-top to medium-high heat with a tablespoon of butter and cook shrimp for 3 min, flipping halfway through.
- Transfer to cutting board and allow to cool.
- Add lemon juice and a bit more butter to your skillet and sauté onion, peppers, and corn until tender.
- Chop your shrimp and return to the skillet. Add 1/4 cup milk and optional cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan cheeses (saving some of each for topping), mix, and remove from heat.
- Pop skillet in the oven for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly, flipping your oven to BROIL on HIGH for the final minute (a must for golden bubbly cheese but totally optional)
- Pile high with all your favorite toppings and serve with assorted dippers.
As written above this dish is on the medium side in regards to spice/heat.
Kick up the heat a notch by adding red pepper flakes, extra cayenne or including some of the seeds from your chopped jalapeños to the mix.
Want to keep things super mild? Opt for bell peppers in place of jalapeños and skip and choose mild topping from the list above. Enjoy!
:: pin it ::
If you get a chance to try this hot corn dip with shrimp and veggies, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS #PEASANDCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations! I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
Looking for a few more dips for your next shindig?
DIP IT GOOD!
NEW RECIPES on P&C:
- Greek Spiralized Cucumber Salad – use a spiralizer *OR* a veggie peeler!
- Fresh Spinach Dip in a bread bowl because #awesome
- Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burgers these bad boys are freezer-friendly too – woot!
- Tomato Panzanella – I want to marry this Tuscan bread salad #truestory