Live every day like it’s Taco Tuesday with this delicious vegetarian Black Bean Taco Salad! It’s loaded with veggies and drizzled with a delicious homemade creamy salsa dressing.
This salad kick of mine is in full force and I’m loving every leafy green second of it!
Of course it doesn’t hurt to have 5 million billion toppings piled into my bowl to keep things crazy flavorful and texturally interesting, right?
I love when a salad has a little of everything.
These black bean taco salad bowls deliver on the goods!
They’re piled mile-high with all my favorite mix-ins and are essentially a crispy salad version of my beloved Black Bean Tacos.
What I love about a good taco salad though, is that you can pack them with so much more goodness than a simple taco shell can hold. Let’s load it up!
Taco Salad Toppings
For these baller black bean taco salads, I went with a bevy of fresh toppings including juicy ripe tomatoes, sweet yellow corn, crisp red bell pepper, flavorful grated cheddar cheese, and chopped scallions on a bed of romaine lettuce.
To keep things fun and give it that token taco crunch, I topped my bowl of yum with a sprinkling of crushed tortilla chips. The texture is perfection!
Want to customize your bowl even further? Here are some more tasty taco salad topping ideas:
- fresh cilantro
- pico de gallo
- jarred or homemade salsa
- chopped avocado
- salsa verde
- avocado salsa verde (yessss!)
- chopped red onion
- black olives
- sliced jalapeños or pickled jalapeño peppers
- shredded cabbage or slaw
Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Salad
As written, this recipe yields 2 large meal-sized salads or 4 smaller side salads.
Need only one salad? Simply halve the recipe and you’re good to go! Need a larger yield? The recipe is easily doubled to feed a larger family or group of friends.
I’m so excited for y’all to try this taco salad! Enjoy!
Black Bean Taco Salad
- 2-3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup black beans (drained + rinsed if canned)
- 1 cup corn (canned or steamed from fresh/frozen)
- 1/2 cup freshly diced or chopped tomatoes
- 1/4-1/3 cup sliced green onion (greens and whites)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
CREAMY SALSA DRESSING
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP red salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt or season to taste
- 1/2 lime
- To make the dressing, combine sour cream with salsa, cumin, and salt. Juice half a lime and whisk into the dressing. If your salsa is chunky and you'd like a more uniform dressing, simply puree using a blender or immersion blender.
- For the salad, cook corn via your favorite method. You can grill or boil it right on the cobb then cut it off for this salad, or simply steam from frozen.
- Chop all your veggies up super small for a little bit of goodness in every bite. Finely chop romaine lettuce, bell pepper, and tomatoes, and thinly chop/slice green onion. Combine with black beans, corn, crushed tortilla chips, and grated cheese. Toss to combine.
- For a little dressing in every bite, toss salad in a few TBSP of dressing and mix to coat right before serving. Serve with extra toppings/dressing on the size for a custom salad.
- Love veggies? Us too! Feel free to add extra vegetables or mix-ins to this salad and rock your plate! Enjoy!
It’s a wee bit ridiculous how much I love this salad! I’m so over the moon excited for you to try it! Do it! Right meowwwwww!
If you get a chance to try this black bean taco salad, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!