We’re LOVING this Garlic Roasted Tomato Flatbread Pizza! These flavorful flatbreads combine garlicky roasted cherry tomatoes with fresh spinach and melty mozzarella for a personal pizza that’s finger licking good!
I have over 10 tasty cherry tomato recipes on the blog to help use up your Summer’s bounty.
Ready for one more?
These garlic roasted tomato flatbreads helped me use up my final bowl-o-tomatoes from the backyard and just may be my new favorite way to eat cherry tomatoes!
I’m totally bummed I don’t have enough tomatoes handy to turn around and make them again right now.
This recipe also works with grape tomatoes and those pretty yellow sun gold cherry tomatoes if you have those on-hand instead. So grab some tomatoes and meet me in the kitchen!
HOLY DELICIOUSNESS, BATMAN!
Roasting the tomatoes couldn’t be easier!
After tossing halved cherry tomatoes in a speedy marinade of minced garlic, olive oil, Italian herbs and salt, you’ll toss them on a roasting pan and set a timer for 15 minutes. That’s it!
Garlic Roasted Tomato Flatbread Pizza
Grab your favorite variety of naan flatbread or snag some fluffy pita bread and make these tasty flatbreads before tomato season is over!
The combination of spinach, mozzarella, and garlicky roasted cherry tomatoes is downright delicious. We enjoyed them as a main dish but it could totally be sliced and served up as an appetizer too!
Garlic Roasted Tomato Flatbread Pizza
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp Italian Seasoning Blend (I use salt-free Mrs. Dash)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp oil or butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped if desired)
- 2 garlic naan flatbreads
- 3-4 TBSP pesto
- 1 cup grated mozzarella (extra if desired)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, let's roast those tomatoes! Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss with fresh minced garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning blend, parsley, and salt.
- Spread onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or rubbed with oil (to avoid sticking) in one single layer. Set timer for 15 min and roast for 15-20 minutes total.
- While your tomatoes roast, prep the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a small pan to medium heat and wilt spinach for a minute or so in oil or butter until bright green and soft. Set aside.
- Spread naan flatbread with pesto and top with grated mozzarella.
- Top with wilted spinach and roasted tomatoes and bake for 10-12 minutes or until your naan is crispy and your cheese is oh-so-melty. Dive in while it's hot!
Inspired by Butter Your Biscuit and adapted from these flavorful flatbread pizzas!
If you get a chance to try this duo of tasty Garlic Roasted Tomato Flatbread Pizza, let me know! Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation!
crazy for cherry tomatoes?
- NEW! Cherry Tomato Pico de Gallo
- Tomato Quinoa Salad <– READER FAVORITE!
- Tomato Panzanella (Tuscan Bread Salad) – love it so!
We love this recipe. We usually have it once a week for supper. Thank you for sharing it. Delicious!
Homemade pizza is so good! Love this flavor combo!
This pizza is pure simple perfection! The roasted tomatoes are my favorite part!
Woot! Thank you!
Finished this recipe off inside the closed BBQ grill (not over direct flame, but on the cool side). I could’ve roasted the tomatoes longer and used more spinach, but it was still quite tasty. Will definitely make again.
I love that you tried it grilled, Mike! Such a cool twist!
This is literally so freaking good. I love it and it’s so easy and fast to make
Yay!!! Thanks Autumn!
Don’t see Italian seasoning or salt in the ingredient list?
Thank you Barb, it’s all fixed now! I’ve been up since dawn trying to transfer recipes from an old recipe card over to the new one and ingredients keep going missing in the import. Happy to have it updated now, xoxo
This reminds me of the heirloom tomato flatbread that I love at my favorite restaurant. I am thrilled that I can now make this at HOME!! #winning!
Yay!!! So glad you have a homemade version to faceplant into now! xo
I love the flavors in this! Using a flatbread is genius – saves so much time!
It’s SO tasty too! Thanks April!
How much spinach do you recommend for 2 pizza’s?
Hi Linda! I’m experimenting with a new recipe card and it didn’t transfer some of the ingredients over on import (eeeeeek!!!) Fixing it right now and so glad you’re my first comment here! You’ll want to use 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.