Take creamy spinach dip to the next level with these bite-sized Baked Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups. This crispy, cheesy appetizer is sure to vanish at your next party or potluck and the individual cups make perfect hand-held snacks!
Because y’all have GOT to make these as soon as humanly possible, I’m going to keep the chit-chat to a minimum here.
Let’s face it, no one actually wants to hear about how much Orangetheory is kicking my butt or about how I got my arm stuck through a chair and saw the rest of my life flash before my eyes with that dang chair still attached to my arm like an extra limb. Sidenote? That thing would have made an excellent built-in walker for 80-year-old Jenn.
Pass me the tennis balls, yo.
Stay tuned after the recipe for party prep and make-ahead tips for this recipe, as well as a collection of bonus won-t0n cup recipes that we’re totally crazy for!
As a fun bonus, you could 100% use leftover spinach dip to make these tasty appetizer cups! Hellooooo leftover remix!
Baked Spinach Artichoke Won-ton Cups
Crispity crunchity won-ton cups make the ultimate party appetizer; especially when filled with cheesy spinach artichoke dip! This easy peasy appetizer is ready in just 20 minutes and sure to vanish fast!
Baked Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups
- 24 chilled wonton wrappers
- 9 oz creamed spinach (frozen or freshly made)
- 3-6 oz marinated artichoke hearts* (approx. 1/4-1/2 cup chopped)
- 2 oz softened cream cheese (cut into 6-8 cubes)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp salt or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- spray oil (avocado, olive, etc…)
- Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Next grab your creamed spinach and warm using package instructions. Drain your artichokes and chop into small pieces. Combine with spinach.
- Gently place won-ton squares in a mini-muffin tray spritzed with spray oil. For extra crunch you can also lightly spray the won-ton wrappers themselves with a little oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes to lightly crisp.
- Combine creamed spinach with your trio of cheeses and season with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon spinach mixture into lightly baked won-ton cups and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of your won-ton cups are toasty and golden brown with a hot, melty spinach dip center.
- Dive in while they’re hot!
If you get a chance to try these Baked Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
advance party prep and make-ahead tips
You can toast the cups in an XL mini muffin pan (I love this one) and knock out 24 at a time (or even 48 if you’re using two pans – score!) long before your scheduled shindig begins. They toast back up when you add your spinach dip filling which can also be made in advance. SCORE!
We’ve also toasted, filled, and chilled our won-ton cups several hours advance and just baked them in the oven when we needed them later. The bottom gets a wee bit softer than if they were freshly filled and baked, but they’re still 100% delightful and the top edges stay niiiiice and crispy! If you’re taking them straight from fridge to oven, you’ll bake them for a few minutes longer until the spinach artichoke dip is hot and melty and the edges of the won-tons are toasty.
swaps and such
No wonton wrappers? No problem! In a pinch, you can even use those cute little phyllo cups in place of the won-tons. I use those to make my jalapeño popper bites and quiche cups. The options are truly endless!
If you’re in search for a plain Jane spinach artichoke dip you can totally just make the dip portion of this recipe and dive in with your favorite chips!
Looking for a fun spin on spinach dip? Try my Cheesy Baked Shrimp and Spinach Dip — it’s AMAZING! You could easily spoon that into your won-ton cups as well for a seafood twist on this recipe.
wontons for the win!
- Speedy Spanakopita Won-Ton Cups
- Crispy Baked Shrimp Wontons
- Southwest Veggie Won-ton Cups
- Spinach and Feta Won-ton Quiche Cups
- Crab Rangoon Won-tons
This post contains affiliate links for products I regularly use and adore.