Take store bought bean dip from hummus to YUMMUS with this delicious and speedy layered hummus dip.
Tasty hummus is piled high with a mountain of toppings including feta, cucumber, onion, parsley, and drizzled with a sweet and savory balsamic glaze.
This shortcut layered hummus dip has been my hands-down favorite snack/appetizer to whip up when I have last minute company.
Though let’s be honest, most of the time I have enough advance notice but wind up reading blogs, snuggling ze bebe, washing sippy cups, attempting to tame my frizz-bomb of a mane, finding yogurt or avocado or some unacceptable substance in the aforementioned mane and playing the do I really have to wash my hair?! game while attempting to clothe myself and OMG-WHAT-AM-I-GOING-TO-FEED-THESE-PEOPLE!?
Of course it doesn’t always go down quite like that. Sometimes I make this with nothing more than the intent to shovel it into my face.
There may only be 2.5 of us living in this house, but a tub of hummus is a one day affair over here. The second it’s opened, it’s a mere hour or so from utter annihilation. Fancifying it simply slows us down a little.
Why yes, I do use toppings as obstacles to slow me down. Why no, it doesn’t work one bit. I still eat faster than the Cookie Monster.
mmm… cookies. I should make us some… Until then, we hummus!
Layered Hummus Dip
This snazzy shortcut is guaranteed to rock your party prep game! It’s perfect for when you need a speedy appetizer and looks festive without the fuss.
We love to break out this layered hummus hack when friends come over for a play date or for an impromptu hangout.
Layered Hummus Dip
- 10 oz package of hummus (choose your favorite!)
- 2-3 TBSP diced cucumber
- 2-3 TBSP diced tomato
- 2-3 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBSP minced red onion
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- sweet balsamic glaze to taste
- Get ready to tackle that party prep to-do list because your easy appetizer pretty much just walked into the kitchen and made itself!
- Chop the veggies and herbs and pile onto hummus.
- Crumble your feta on top and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Surround with an array of crunchy pita chips and veggies. Because, duh.
special diets and swaps
- Vegan? Skip the feta and add extra veggies! Olives and scallions also make a great addition.
- Gluten-Free? Nix the pita chip dippers and saddle up with a pile of cucumber slices, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and sliced bell pepper.
If you get a chance to try this layered hummus dip recipe, let me know!
Leave some love in the comment form below or tag your photos with @peasandcrayons on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creation. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
hungry for more?
We love using hummus as a tasty spread for breakfast toast! My Tex-Mex Hummus Toast is always a hit!
Want to spice things up? Try making this zesty Jalapeño Hummus for your next party or potluck! We love making it for game nights with friends and family.
Need another appetizer? Hummus Stuffed Peppers to the rescue!