Spicy Sriracha Crab and Cucumber Salad
Yield 1-2 servings
This Japanese-inspired salad is my absolute favorite sushi restaurant appetizer. Make it at home with the recipe for this quick and easy recipe!
- 1 large cucumber
- rice vinegar, to taste
- 4 oz quality (cooked) jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 TBSP homemade or store-bought mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha chili sauce, plus extra to taste
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp toasted sesame and/or chia seeds
- 1 TBSP panko breadcrumbs (optional; skip for paleo/GF)
- First peel the skin from your cucumber.
- Next, use a spiral slicer or a vegetable peeler to turn that super refreshing veggie into even more refreshing noodles.
- Drizzle the noodles very lightly with rice vinegar. You can skip this step if you're not a fan of vinegar or acidity; I've had the dish both ways and find it delightful regardless.
- Next, use a fork or your fingers to shred the crab.
- Combine with mayo and sriracha and set atop the noodles.
- Top with sliced avocado. I added extra after the photo was snapped; helloooo healthy fats. Sprinkle avocado with a teeny pinch of salt to season.
- Garnish with sesame/chia seeds and optional panko and dig in!
Recipe by Peas And Crayons at https://peasandcrayons.com/2014/06/spicy-sriracha-crab-and-cucumber-salad.html