This creamy Veggie Cream Cheese Spread is positively delicious and compliments everything from bagels and crackers to sandwiches and wraps! I love a good vegetable cream cheese!
I think I found another way to get you to eat your veggies.
I’ll even give you bonus points if you would be so bold as to spread this on other veggies and revel at just how awesome you are.
Toasted bagels, crackers, and crusty baguettes are also allowed in on the fun.
In fact, just make an epic snack plate out of this tasty vegetable cream cheese and call it lunch. It’s far to hot to cook today!
Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
There’s a zillion and one ways to whip up this addictive snack spread. Empty that crisper drawer and get creative! To get you started, here’s the recipe and ingredient combination that won me over:
Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
This creamy Veggie Cream Cheese Spread is positively delicious and compliments everything from crackers to mountain-high sandwiches and wraps! Double, triple, or quadruple the measurements to serve more.
- 4 oz of cream cheese [regular or 1/3 fat] softened
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- oodles of fresh copped cilantro
- 1-2 TBSP chopped green onion
- fresh grated/chopped carrots and/or celery (start with just a little and add as you go!)
- pinch of salt and an optional crank of black pepper or red pepper flakes
- Toss everything in a food processor and pulse to perfection!
- You can easily make this sans-technology by mincing or shredding the veggies [all you’ll need is a knife or a box grater!] and chopping the herbs.
- Yup that’s it! Now go spread it on everything in sight!
This spread is also amazing with a bevvy of other veggies thrown into the mix: radish, onion, bell peppers, broccoli… basically anything that it’s eyes at you from that crisper drawer of yours! Though if it actually bats eyes at you… you might want to run. Fast.
Nutrition Facts below are estimated using an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this Veggie Cream Cheese Spread, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
so… how was it?
Knock your socks off flavorful! I can’t fathom serving up bland dips or spreads and this one packs a punch! The combination of fresh cilantro, garlic and veggies is a total winner! My favorite delivery methods are to serve it on buttery crackers or as a spread for an epic croissant turkey sandwich piled with produce.
Next time you start to eye one of those flavored cream cheese spreads at the grocery store, beeline to the produce section instead! It’s super simple to whip up a fancy spread that’s full of flavor and free of sketchy additives! Enjoy!