Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
Yield 2 heaping cups
Hello easiest recipe of life! Save on oven and stove top space by making this delicious holiday staple in the slow cooker!
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced [around 2.5 cups - skin optional]
- 1 medium orange [enough for 1/2 tsp of zest + 1/4 cup of juice]
- 3 TBSP honey [plus a smidge more, to taste]
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a teeny pinch of salt
- Grate the zest from your orange until you have about 1/2 teaspoon of zest, then slice and squeeze out 1/4 cup of juice.
- Add your zest and juice along with all the above ingredients into your slow cooker, cover, and cook for 2 hours on high or 3-4 hours on low.
- I made a point to stir it every so often, if only for the mere excuse of licking the the spoon and filling the house with the smell of amazing cinnamon apple cranberry deliciousness.
Courses side dish, sauce
Recipe by Peas And Crayons at https://peasandcrayons.com/2012/11/crockpot-cranberry-sauce.html