I teased you guys with this crazy delicious Spicy Savory Stuffed Sweet Potato yesterday and it’s about time I deliver the goods!
I’m so stoked for y’all to add this easy peasy recipe to your arsenal – it’s a weeknight MUST around here, especially when I’m dining solo!
Spicy Savory Stuffed Sweet Potato
I couldn’t help myself!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 ounce grated hot habanero cheddar
- loooots of spicy salsa and guacamole
- a dollop of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tsp green onions or chives
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pierce your potatoes a few times with a fork and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- For extra crispy skins, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until tender.
- Prefer to go the microwave route? Go for it! You’ll save on time and the results are still totally tasty!
- Once your potatoes are done cooking, allow to cool slightly and slice vertically.
- Top your potato with black beans and cheese (sometimes I’ll add corn or spinach here too) and return to the oven or microwave until the cheese has melted and the beans are warmed through. Top with the rest of your toppings and dig in!
You can also try it with any of [these] yummy topping combinations. The possibilities are truly endless and I love to use this recipe as a way to empty my cripser and use up all the veggies I have on hand. The result is healthy and delicious!