Spoon this tasty arugula pesto over cheesy tortellini, brush onto crusty french bread, or slather on flaky salmon fillets for pure pesto deliciousness!
We love this flavorful arugula pesto!
Spoon it over warm, cheesy tortellini, brush onto crusty french bread topped with fresh tomatoes, or slather on tender salmon fillets for a delish and flavorful dish.
This pesto is also fantastic mixed with a little bit of creamy alfredo sauce or marscarpone cheese and tossed with a giant bowl of pasta and veggies.
Mix in portobellos mushrooms, spinach, broccoli and top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a dusting of parmesan. Delicious!
- 2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive or grape seed oil
- 1.5 cups arugula
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesean cheese
- a pinch of kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 F.
- Toast nuts on a foil lined baking sheet for approx 8-10 minutes or until you start to smell their toasty deliciousness.
- Give them a rough chop and toss them in your food processor.
- Add all your ingredients and pulse until thoroughly mixed, scraping the sides down 2-3x as needed.
- Add to pasta, spread on sandwiches, or pesto it up your favorite way! Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this gorgeous green arugula pesto, let me know!
You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
crazy for pesto?
We love whipping up Creamy Pesto Shrimp Wonton Cups as an easy snack or appetizer. You can also use chicken in place of shrimp if preferred!
One of my all-time favorite ways to eat spaghetti squash is this Parmesan Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp – it’s SO GOOD!
Feeling extra cheesy? Try this Easy Cheesy Vegan Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese – it can be made with vegan slices or regular cheese – whatever fits your lifestyle!
Lastly, this Cheesy Broccoli Kale Pesto Pizza is a must-try! It’s a great use of this arugula pesto or any pesto you have on hand. Yum!